Investigation at work and suspension - misheard information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I am asking this question on behalf of someone else.

A friend I know has been suspended at work and had their investigation a few days later. They were given notes from the investigation during which one of the managers were making notes throughout. My friend was extremely upset during the investigation as it had not happened to them before and did not know what to expect. Upon going home and reading the notes in a calmer state, realised that she had misheard some questions and therefore given the wrong answer. The misunderstanding has also meant that she admitted something that she didn't do. The result has been further suspension and possible disciplinary.

My friend wants to rectify the misunderstanding and wants to write a letter to one of the managers, stating her side of the story.

Basically, what I'm asking is, is my friend allowed to do this? Submit a letter stating what happened due to her misunderstanding the questions asked to her during the investigation?

Thank you all for your help.

Absolutely. Your friend should write stating as you have here that the question as stated in the record was not as it was heard at the time, and that had it been heard correctly then the answer would have been different!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

And the sooner the better perhaps - but in a calm and collected manner of course, once your friend has regained her composure.

There is an onus on the managers to be clear and make sure she understood the questions.

The notes would be the need to be agreed surely?