Argos Card Default Removal

samkelsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help with my current situation.....

I had a default issued against my account in 2011 following a change in address and despite me calling and informing Argos their records werent updated. After a mix up with HSBC and missing 2 payments and receiving a letter from the idiots at moorcroft I paid the debt off in full promptly.

Im currently in the process of trying to get this removed so as instructed in various other forums I sent a letter politely requesting that this be removed for a variety of reasons with a copy of my credit report (which is pretty much faultless bar the default). This letter was sent over 8 weeks ago now to the underwriting department at home retail group, ive still had no response so I gave them a call to see if the letter had been received about 2 weeks ago. After being bounced round from department to department it turns out the letter has been passed onto the collections team, the person who apparently deals with these kind of queries is off sick. So i left it another 2 weeks and called them up thursday just gone and was told a manager would be contacting me to resolve the issue....guess what....no call back!!. So once again ive called this morning and being fobbed off big time and told to call back in a couple of days!!

So....what do I do next?

Many Thanks

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam and welcome to CAG

Sorry your post went unanswered for so long - not our usual prompt service. :oops:

Firstly, don't waste your time on the phone to Argos or anyone else. Keep it all in writing only.

If any adverse credit data was caused purely by Argos's failure to update their records, you may have a case for getting such adverse data removed.

However, you also refer to a mix-up with HSBC and 2 missed payments. If this had nothing to do with Argos, they will not advise the CRA's to amend such entries, as they accurately reflected the delinquent state of your a/c at the time.

You could try getting HSBC to admit THEY caused 2 payments to be made late but was this, in fact, the case ? If so, you could argue for the removal of the adverse markers based on the admission by HSBC.

The chances of getting adverse data removed is slim unless you can show that you were not at fault and you couldn't make payments to keep the a/c in order.

If you think Argos and/or HSBC were at fault, write to them by Rec'd Del'y giving them 14 days to remedy the situation with the CRA's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Thank you for your response, following my post and recieving a letter from argos claiming their not at fault ive sent a formal letter to Arogs with PO that they provide me with a valid signed credit agreement under S74 of the comsumer credit act. If they are unable to do so ive got them by the short and curlys and dispute the account and force them to remove any information listed by CRA's. Ive also written to HSBC to ask why the payments werent completed despite funds being avaliable in the account. (I had a spell with them where payments werent being processed by direct debit and I was forced to ring and pay by phone using my debit card).

It just angers me that Argos or Home Retail Group can dish out life affecting defaults with such ease over a £150 account balance when im not at fault. My prior payment history to them was faultless (as with all my other creditors) and the account was settled promopty once I noticed there was an issue *angry face*