Carers Allowance worry.....how much trouble am I in?***Resolved***

meg&mog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Megamog

stop worrying. as said they will suspend the benefit, as you have told them about going over the limit.

they will look at the case, ref to DM, you will not recieve CA at this point, when they have decided what weeks you werent entitled they will raise the OP.

put your CA into payment and send to Debt who will recover it weekly...

Now how on earth can a letter IUC be coming you only told them this week.... :)

you have admitted everything and sent them proof so what would be to gain anyway for them

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mikey. Thanks again for your reply I know worrying doesn't help and I keep tellin myself it was a honest mistake and I know they don't prosecute ppl unless they suspect outright fraud which I didn't do I have been claiming CA since my son was about 3 and this is the first little job I have had since having him and we became aware of his Autism I just wish I had done my homework a little better and not caused this bother for myself Thanks again you really do help me think straight :)

Hi guys. Post just been and I have recieved another letter from CA it is dated 30.8.12 so a day before they recieved my letter and paperwork it is identical to the first letter I mention in my first post on this thread except there are 3 boxes crossed one is "your national ins records show you are working for xxxxx" the other is " if you earned more than £100 in any week from 05/04/10,after taking off alloable expenses you will not get allowance for the following week" and the last box is " if you are working now and earning over £100 a week , you must not cash anymore cheques . If your carers allowance is paid into a bank we will stop any further payments " this letter wants my reply by 18/9 it's exactly the same as the last one except that one didn't ask the question about 05/04/2010 I didn't start work till May 2011 what should I do with this letter? It has overlapped with mine I think could they have stopped my payments because I didn't reply quick enough rather than having recieved my letter as I thought? Thanks guys

Hi guys. Just a little update nothing to report I haven't heard anything yet and I didn't recieve carers again this week I'm hoping no news is good news I don't know whether they have contacted my employer I haven't heard anything from them either but I am in at 4pm thanks guys

Hi guys. Nobody said anything at work to me yday so I am assuming CA haven't been in touch with work hopefully that means they are happy with my letter and stuff do these things normally take this long? Thanks guys

Hi guys. Still not heard anything I kind of want to ring and ask what's going on but in scared of what they will tell me or that I will get someone really annoyed with me :-/ don't know what to think and the stress is creeping up again :( thanks guys

Still nothing.......surely if they wanted to speak to me I would have heard by now? Just don't get what is taking so long I am worried every time I go work in case they have heard from them and they now view me as untrustworthy :( not good I made a honest mistake sorry to keep adding to this thread with no real news just worried thanks guys

Hi thanks for reply. I'm not really sure what they would be investigating I write a letter and sent proof of my mistake and the letter I recieved never said I was being investigated I guess I will have to wait and see thanks again

Hi guys. Little update I have rang carers today the waiting was getting too much I spoke to a nice lady she said they had recieved all my paperwork my CA has been reinstated as from the 3rd Sept they will also pay me the 2 weeks I have been without it she said that should be in my account a week on Monday.....she said I will hear separately from the overpayment dept they will arrange to take the overpayment out of my future CA she said it does say in my screen you MUST inform us if you do overtime again I told her that isn't a problem because I won't I asked several times if the overpayment dept is as far as it would go and she said yes that i shouldn't worry she did say you will recieved form that will give you more idea if what's going in and I asked again but j will just have to pay it back and she said yes I'm a bit confused about the form she spoke of but it looks like I may have been very lucky thanks guys

Hi guys. Finally had my letter from carers they also paid me the 3 weeks I have been without it , I'm a bit confused tho because when i got work to work out the weeks I had earned over the limit I counted 18 weeks although it could have been 20 I wasn't sure if a cpl of hours took me over my letter however says from the dates on the letter they are saying I wasn't entitled for 52 weeks way over half the tins j have been working does anyone have any idea how they could have come to this? Thanks so much

Hi guys. I rang Carers yesterday just to clarify the way they have worked out the overpayment she said because I get paid 4,weekly they look at it over a 4 week period so for instance if u earned over the 400 in feb then I wouldn't have been entitled for the whole if march it does mean the overpayment is a lot more than originally thought but she did still say i had to wait to hear from the overpayment dept I apologised again for my mistake and told her I never purposely meant to mislead anyone she said that no one was suggesting I did and just to wait for a letter will this still just be an overpayment? Or could they decide to do something else because the way they work it out means I owe them more ? Thanks guys all this is very worrying

I can't say for sure as it will depend on the person and department dealing with it but I would think it likely they will deal with it as a simple overpayment. That is bizare the way they worked out how many weeks, I guess it could benefit you if you earnt £104 one week and £90 for all the others iykwim but that is complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys Finally had my overpayment letter I have to pay back £3163.00 :( very not good but I am lucky it hasn't gone any further than overpayment and I am grateful for that....I was wondering how I proceed with organising a repayment plan? We are not flush deffo can't afford to pay it all off at once do they send income and expenditure forms? Fit this amount what kind of monthly repayment would they want? Thanks for any and all help

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just thought i would update i have written to the debt recovery dept and offered 50 per month i am hoping that they will accept that as we are really struggling at the minute i will keep you all updated

Thanks Guys

Hi Guys

Just thought i would let uou all know that this is sorted i have recieved a letter today saying they are going to take 19.48 from my carers allowance weekly till the overpayment is paid back i am very relieved i am still very annoyed with myself for getting in this mess but never again i would like to thank everyone who commented on this thread and helped me keep sane you really did help maybe one of the mods could change the title of this thread for me thanks again people you are all angels :)

Thread title amended to reflect your result.

Well done meg&mog.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread