• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

QQ refusing to setup a payment plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with QuickQuid for £1824.00, this was the same old story, rolling over and over until a point where i decided i had to default to get out of it. well i am currently receiving the 90 day emails informing me if i dont repay them they will take me to court, or send me to a third party debt collectors.

I contacted them initially accepting that it is my debt and i have every intention of paying but that i cannot pay them what they require in one payment, i informed them i can do this over a number of payments and gave them a suggested payment of £60, they refused informing me i had to pay them £304.00 a month or i could do a one off £912.00, which obviously i also cant afford.

so today again i have written them this email and am awaiting yet another reply of no,

QuickQuid,

As i have communicated in previous emails, I am not refusing to pay as you are making out, you are currently being obstructive by not allowing me to pay what i can afford to clear this debt. I acknowledge this debt and have every intention to pay. i cannot make the suggested payments that you insist i pay, and as i am currently sorting out other creditors who i hold debts with, the potential amount i can pay you is decreasing as i arrange higher repayments with others who are willing.

At present until i re-evaluate the total amount i can make payments to you on this account i will offer you today the amount of £45.00 a month, with the intentions to raise this amount after i have carried out an update Income/expenditure chart. To make this payment of £45.00 to begin clearing this debt i require your banking details, Account number, sort code and a reference number to link my account to payments.

I have read much bad press through forums and newspapers and will not give you the right to a direct debit or debit card payments as you have been reported in the past to clear accounts of which i can not afford for you to do.

So i require from you by return of email, agreement of payment plan, Account Number and Sort Code and a reference number to link my payment to the account in debt.

Regards,

Does anybody have any more suggestions or do i just keep sending this same email until finally they give up and give in to demands, i have managed to get payday express to give me there details and accept £85 a month recently.

How much was your original loan plus original interest. How much are the charges they are adding. theres little point getting a repayment plan in place if the debt is full of unfair fees.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I Have £800 debt with quickquid that they wanted in 1 payment ... i offered payments of £50 then £150 then 3 further payments of £200 i got this Email back

"We received your email regarding your loan balance and your situation has been noted. Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made. ".... After looking on here i put together this reply..

As i stated in my previous email ALL contact will be done through email (or post) .

This is because of legal advice given to me.

You say "Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made" Do i take this to meen my offer has been rejected?

I still have all texts and emails from you telling me i have extra funds should i want them , telling me i can roll my loans over ,increasing my credit untill it got to the point i started to struggle and then asking for £800 when you have on file that i get paid £1060 per month thus leaving me with £260 to last me four weeks.

I will be making copys of all these messages from you and forwarding them to the relevant authorities (OFT , Trading standards ext) as i belive you use this system to prey on people who you already know have a bad credit history.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

The reply i got was

Thank you for contacting us to inquire about how to pay off your balance. The payment plan we can offer is detailed below.

£100.12__________due 31/08/2012

£100.00__________due 28/09/2012

£100.00__________due 31/10/2012

£100.00__________due 30/11/2012

£100.00__________due 31/12/2012

£100.00__________due 31/01/2013

£100.00__________due 28/02/2013

£100.00__________due 29/03/2012 via debit card ending XXXXX

To confirm your agreement to this payment plan, please reply to this email stating that the terms are favorable. You must include the original email with the terms to which you are agreeing in your response. Once we have heard back from you, we will set up the agreed upon debits to come out of your bank account or be charged to your debit card.

Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made

Dont know if it was my email but the terms they sent were better than i had asked for..

Hope this helps..... and to the pros on here sorry if any incorrect wording or spelling mistakes. :)

I would suggest that you consider cancelling debit card, report as lost and bank will send you another one. Then pay company through standing order so you are in control. If you continue to use existing debit card it's possible based on what I've read on these forums that they may still take more than agreed

I Have £800 debt with quickquid that they wanted in 1 payment ... i offered payments of £50 then £150 then 3 further payments of £200 i got this Email back

"We received your email regarding your loan balance and your situation has been noted. Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made. ".... After looking on here i put together this reply..

As i stated in my previous email ALL contact will be done through email (or post) .

This is because of legal advice given to me.

You say "Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made" Do i take this to meen my offer has been rejected?

I still have all texts and emails from you telling me i have extra funds should i want them , telling me i can roll my loans over ,increasing my credit untill it got to the point i started to struggle and then asking for £800 when you have on file that i get paid £1060 per month thus leaving me with £260 to last me four weeks.

I will be making copys of all these messages from you and forwarding them to the relevant authorities (OFT , Trading standards ext) as i belive you use this system to prey on people who you already know have a bad credit history.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

The reply i got was

Thank you for contacting us to inquire about how to pay off your balance. The payment plan we can offer is detailed below.

£100.12__________due 31/08/2012

£100.00__________due 28/09/2012

£100.00__________due 31/10/2012

£100.00__________due 30/11/2012

£100.00__________due 31/12/2012

£100.00__________due 31/01/2013

£100.00__________due 28/02/2013

£100.00__________due 29/03/2012 via debit card ending XXXXX

To confirm your agreement to this payment plan, please reply to this email stating that the terms are favorable. You must include the original email with the terms to which you are agreeing in your response. Once we have heard back from you, we will set up the agreed upon debits to come out of your bank account or be charged to your debit card.

Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made

Dont know if it was my email but the terms they sent were better than i had asked for..

Hope this helps..... and to the pros on here sorry if any incorrect wording or spelling mistakes. :)

Thanks Davecres, i will be making sure there is only enough funds as i need to pay in that account, have a second account with same bank so its easy to transfer funds in/out also a 3rd account with another bank just in case things go pear shaped ;)

• 3 weeks later...

BobFakenameI hope you don't mind but i have just used your letter to send to QQ. I have recently been trying to set up a repayment plan due to loss of earnings and they just continue to tell me that the roll over amount of £202 will be debited from my account. I have changed my bank card and i have two other bank accounts just to be safe. Do you know how i go about setting up a standing order??

If they are saying that they are taking the money, WITHOUT your permission, you MUST file a full complaint with the OFT as its tantamount to theft.

Also, you need to be cancelling the CPA on your account and not just the card.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If they are saying that they are taking the money, WITHOUT your permission, you MUST file a full complaint with the OFT as its tantamount to theft.

Also, you need to be cancelling the CPA on your account and not just the card.

thank you for your reply.I have told both companies thay cannot take the money. Is there a template letter i can forward to them for this?Also what is the OFT? i will definately contact them. I am scared they will send big demand letters with qq or wonga written on them to my home!!!