BSBS vs. Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I could do with a bit of advise with regards to this one...

Lowells are chasing me for an old mobile phone account - claiming for an unpaid bill and termination fee.

They've been chasing for a while and back in 2011

I asked them for a number of things, including a full breakdown of the debt, information pertaining to the termination fee etc and a copy of my contract.

All I've so far been sent is a photocopy of the front page of the unpaid bill and a comment that they arent required to send me a copy of my contract

and they quoted that CCA requests do not relate to mobile phones - which I already knew and therefore didn't mention in my original requuest for a copy of my contract.

Recently received further correspondence from Lowell stating that is sufficient to prove liability and to give them a ring.

a) I obvisouly won't be ringing them

b) In my opinion that isn't sufficient to prove liability etc...

With it being a mobile contract as opposed to credit card/ loan

I'm a little out of my depth here.

Doi just respond sticking to my guns statng that their response to my requests was unsatisfactory

and that the account is now in serious dispute so they can't sell the debt/ request payment etc?

Thanks

BSBS.

Stick to your guns. Your equivalent to the CCA request is the requirement for them to prove what you owe. You have asked for exactly the right things for this and they haven't provided them.

You should be able to verify what you owe is correct. That includes the agreement, terms and full statement of account including credits, debits and charges.

If they fail to provide you all the information you need to do this, you can rightly dispute the account and start a complaint with them.

When they have blanked you for 8 weeks, copy all correspondence in a complaint to the FOS, OFT and Trading Standards.

hello 20 Lowells guests :wave:

I doubt that Lowells are working at 10.15pm.

During the day, I expect that DCA's read these pages, so they might see this tomorrow.

With mobile contracts, if the account is in dispute, then I doubt that any would be subject to any proper enforcement.

Have Lowells actually purchased this account or has it just been assigned to them ? If it has just been assigned, then Lowells would need the mobile company to consent to any court claim being issued.

At the time that the mobile account finished, was there any reason to dispute the account ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

During the day, I expect that DCA's read these pages, so they might see this tomorrow.

With mobile contracts, if the account is in dispute, then I doubt that any would be subject to any proper enforcement.

Have Lowells actually purchased this account or has it just been assigned to them ? If it has just been assigned, then Lowells would need the mobile company to consent to any court claim being issued.

At the time that the mobile account finished, was there any reason to dispute the account ?

It's beenpurchsed by Lowells - but thats only their word and I'm assuming a SAR to Lowell's would uncover if that was the truth or not? I am a tight bar-steward though and loathe to spend £10 though!

With regards to the end f the account.... as far as I am concerned the 18 month contract terminated with no contract from provider and I moved on to another supplier. Hence my request(s) for a copy of the contract to see what the score is.

Very true!

Although I have 21 people viewing my thread and no more than 5 viewing any other threads so maybe the Lowells' Lowlifes are having a hard time sleeping...!?

anything on your cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's beenpurchsed by Lowells - but thats only their word and I'm assuming a SAR to Lowell's would uncover if that was the truth or not? I am a tight bar-steward though and loathe to spend £10 though!

With regards to the end f the account.... as far as I am concerned the 18 month contract terminated with no contract from provider and I moved on to another supplier. Hence my request(s) for a copy of the contract to see what the score is.

Enter into a complaint in writing to the mobile company, advising them that you believe no debt is owed, as the contract period ended. Ask them to provide proof of the contract, which went beyond the 18 months you agreed to when you signed up.

Tell them that if they are unable to provide this proof, they must write off the account and remove any default that has been applied to your credit file.

Send a copy of your complaint letter to Lowells, with a covering letter advising them they must put this matter on hold, while your complaint is investigated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's beenpurchsed by Lowells - but thats only their word and I'm assuming a SAR to Lowell's would uncover if that was the truth or not?

It would be a waste of a tenner to SAR Lowell's, all you will get back is a couple A4 printed sheets with no more information than what you know now.

If going to SAR anyone, always SAR the Original Creditor.

Who owns the debt on your Credit File?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you