minicredit contradicting themselves?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi need some advice please i took a 100 pound loan out with this company in feburary and missed the payment date, as i get payed monthly i wasnt able to make payment til the next month but as with many of my debts i left it(head in the sand)and a month after that i recieved i letter and now owed £760, again i ignored it and they ignored me,some time after i think a month another letter for £1088 and they were taking legal action, so i rung them and spoke to the rude foreign lady who stated that they dont do repayment plans this was also stated by opos, so i gave up. then opos ring out of the blue offering to halve the bill i tell them istill cant afford this so tells me to ring when i can. by now im doing all comms by email and ask why i cant have a repayment plan, i recieve email back stating that said rude lady DID offfer me a payment plan and that there legal partners opos can aswell-funny that because scottish opos guy said that PDLS do not do payment plans so who is right there email or them? sorry for rambling back to the total amount£1088 asked for breakdown of costs 640 of this is debit card fees when i email them stating i would not pay this and would only pay loan plus interest they have said they would wipe these fees, so should i pay the remainder or are they still ripping me off? also claim they cant send me anything by post- data protection. also if i pay agreed amount i cant do it 1 go, can i force them into payment plan ?

when i say should i pay the remainder- not trying to dodge paying them just fair amount

Edited by diggerd83

You dont owe them what they state. You owe the original loan plus original interest. Not the silly charges they make up.

ALso, NEVER phone these idiots. Only email or recorded delivery letter only. As for them not accepting repayment plans, i hope you are making official complaints, as that alone would violate their credit licence and could get it revoked.

As for their claim about not sending things by post, they seem more than happy to discuss it with you on the phone without proof. Send another email with a complaint, and also say that You will ONLY be communicating by email or post from now on.

They are doing their usual tricks and you MUST call them out on it and report them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

OFT, trading standards, the PDL themselves, and if you think they are breaking law or regulation in multiple ways, Stella Creasy MP who has a lot of journalists waiting in the wings to take big stories on. She also has some push with the PDL's to force them to come round. It doesnt always work, but its better than nothing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

WHat happened when you went through their complaint procedure? They MUST give you a final response within 8 weeks and then you can go to the FOS and make a full complaint there as well. FOS will only accept complaints when you have a final response or when 8 weeks from the start of the complaint expires. Whichever comes sooner.

they said basicly i was in the wrong that i had only ever contacted them once (not tue but it was by phone) that they had offerd me alternatives-asked me to fill out a hardship form but couldnt access my account and when i was given a code to access it they wanted allsorts of personal info regarding my other debts-names of companies how much when etc. but the most galling of all was that they and opos HAD offered me repayment options, at the time she said i could pay in full or fill out hardship. no repayment plan was ever offered, i think because it was an email they were trying to cover themselves, i wanted to pay the loan back i had the money but she said no i had to pay full amount£760 at the time which i couldnt afford, then we just ping email back an forth not really any sort of complaint procedure in my eyes

Ok. Its time to stop playing letter tennis with them.

You need to send one final email, with your offer of a repayment plan, and a simply budget summary. Tell them it is NON-NEGOTIABLE but you will review the offer every three calendar months. Also tell them that no further communication will be entered into until your offer is fully accepted, and any other form of communication will be reported as harassment to the regulators and will be used against them in any future court claim.

• Confused 1

hi quick update sent them my offer of £260.40 split in two payments that is loan and interest. but no they still want an extra 220 debit fees- down from 640 but still to much i think. so i said no and my offer still stands. am i doing the right thing? has anyone ever been taken to court by these guys? im all for going and fighting over it just want to know if they ever won?

Nope. The debit fees are atill unfair and unenforceable and are there purely to hike the debt up.