Meter charges - British Gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

not sure if this is correct forum, so please move if not.

In my previous property i had pre-pay gas and electric meters. It was on dual fuel and i seemed to be spending too much on electric.

I called british gas and asked them to stay on the phone with my while i check the meter settings.

The guy advised me the meter was set up WRONG and it was wrongly charging me 30P a day surcharge. This amounted to £56 total. I phoned to sort this out and ended up speaking to an agent in south africa. She advised me that I would get the £56 back BUT as a "credit" to my new card meter in my new address. This meter is in my friends name but was told thats not a problem. I was told to use the pre-pay card THREE times in the SAME shop and the credit would transfer to this meter giving me back my £56. This didnt happen and took a while as there was enough credit already on the meter. I called back and asked to speak to the same agent. This wasnt possible and the new agent says there was no notes on the system to say she had credited the £56 to the new pre-pay meter.

I still have not had my refund. How can i chase this with out being sent round the bushes like last time?

Thanks

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

You are best sending a recorded delivery letter claiming the £56 back to BG so bypassing these silly overseas call-centers altogether. When you speak to call center people, before you end the call ask them to read back the notes they have added or should have added to your account.

thanks connor

I will send a letter to that address. I am glad i kept the old bill from previous address now

I will update when they reply.

cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

I will be calling them to check the same on these meters too... and reclaim if incorrect.

The guy at my previous address was a BG customer for about £10 years and it would seem the overcharge may have been set for many years - i did inform him but he didnt do anything about it

update...

I also complained about not getting the £7 duel fuel discount on this address on the same letter which should have been done last year.

today i recieved a £15 paypoint scannable letter for this. So getting somewhere! Still waiting for overcharge on previous address...