is this will writing company legit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey all my nan wants to re-write her will and i have just seen an offer on WOWCHER offering a will writing service for £19 from a company called WSL limited?

how can i find out if there legit?

(sorry if this is posted in the wrong section)

thanks all x

They appear to be a genuine company, but from limited search online, appear to have mixed reviews.

Your nan would be better off seeing a local solicitor and getting her will drawn up properly.

My experience with an elderely relative, is that various companies offer will writing services, but they don't appear to properly look after the interests of the person they are dealing with. An aunt of mine already had a will drawn up by her solicitor she had dealt with for years. But somehow, her bank talked her into getting a new will, when she was a bit confused. Anyway she later realised this and her solicitor had to deal with it.

My instincts are that this company are unlikely to spend much time dealing with issuing the will or they will be wanting to charge more.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unless the will is very very strightforward will writing companies are not the way to go, please use a local solicitor or if its that easy a DIY form would be just as good as a company only charging 19.99.

Actually I expect the true cost will be more as there are extras that they will find, false economy IMO

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

hi all thank you for your replies,

i thought as much, yes its a simple will she knows what she wants to leave ect,

we had a couple of quotes but they all want £80+ and my nan is only a pensioner, are the D.I.Y wills legal and legit??

Yes as long as they are clear (no trusts or anything) and they must be properly witnessed by two people who are not the benificiaries, simple form can be obtained from any high street stationer.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

oh thank you very much

yes she dont have a lot to leave just pensions, house furnishings and jewellery really no houses or major lump sums,

but she does know that her step son will contest the will as im in it,

oh thank you very much

yes she dont have a lot to leave just pensions, house furnishings and jewellery really no houses or major lump sums,

but she does know that her step son will contest the will as im in it,

Hello again.

Given what you say about the stepson, I think it's worth paying for professional advice. The cost of having a will challenged [if that happens] is going to be far more than paying to have a well-drafted will at outset.

Just my view. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My mum used a will writer instead of a lawyer at the instigation of her second husband.

I have been involved in a legal battle since her death .

Part of the case is because a will writer didn't do something, which if they had used a lawyer he would have been obliged by law to do , but a will writer is not obliged to do.

Please be very careful.

It may be a 'false economy' to skip on proper legal advice at this stage - and could save a lot of heartache and family problems as well as money to get proper advice now instead of leaving grieving loved ones dealing with the additional shock of a will which doesn't do what it was supposed to.