AHF Bed wont fit...cant get a refund!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this site and new to forums but really do need some advise for my friends.

They bought a super king sized bed at AHF in Beales department store in June 2012 for £849.99 on a credit agreement of 0% interest for 12 months, paying 10% on the day. The AHF delivery men tried to deliver the bed on 24th July but could not get the mattress up the stairs as it was too big. They said that they could not bend the mattress as it would damage the metal springs and that my friends should refuse delivery and they would write on the paperwork that it was too big. My friends agreed and the delivery men left with the bed.

My friends then went into the store and spoke with the furniture sales manager who had sold them the bed and explained the situation. He told them that he could arrange for the bed to be delivered again and that my friends should tell the delivery men to just bend the mattress...which went completely against the advice of the delivery men!!! When they refused he told them to ask their friends or relatives to buy it instead. When they still refused he said that they could buy something else in the store for £849.99. When they still refused he said there was nothing he could do and told them that AHF do not offer cancellations or refunds. My friend told him that she would like to speak to someone with more authority and the he gave her the number for customer services. My friend telephoned the customer services whilst in the store but was told that she should speak to the store and they would resolve it.

Since then there has been various telephone calls to the store and to customer services but to no avail.

Yesterday my friend asked me if i would go with her and her husband to the store as she is very shy and her husband does not speak much English and she felt they were not listening to her. We went to the store and were approached by a sales lady. I explained the situation to the sales lady and told her that the situation had been going on too long and needed to be resolved, she then turned her back on me and said to my friend that as she was the customer she would only speak to her. My friend then told her that she gave her permission for me to speak on her behalf. I continued and told her that AHF website states that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, she said that it did not say that but another sale man approached us and said that that was only for online purchases and not instore purchases. I asked to speak with the manager and was told that he was on holiday. I then asked to speak to a deputy manager and was told that they didnt have one. I then told her that surely there must be someone i could talk to that was able to make decisions in the managers absence. The sales lady eventually arranged for us to spaek with the carpet sales manager.

The carpet sales manager came and sat with us and once again i explained the situation. He looked at my friends paperwork and explained that my friend would have signed their copy of the order confirmation which states the terms and conditions on the back including that they do not offer cancellations and refunds, and that it is the customers responsibility to make sure that the item can fit into the required room. My friend advised him that she hadnt signed it. He went off and came back with an unsigned order confirmation and said that the sales manager would get a slapped wrist! He said that he had tried to call the area manager but his phone kept going to voice mail. He said that he telephone us later that afternoon.

He telephoned a couple of hours later and said that the area manager had said that they would charge a 20% cancellation fee and that my friend would still have to buy something else for £849.99.

Can you please advise me where on earth they go from here?

Also surely they cant be accountable for the credit agreement if they have not recieved the goods?

Kind regards.

Hi a.l

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down (basically all the points you've mentioned, misinformation that you've been given by various employees, the fact that the goods were rejected on delivery day, etc) and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Tony Brown Chief Executive Officer

tony.brown@beales.co.uk

Here's some more information:- http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/buying-services/how-to-cancel-a-contract/your-rights/

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Hi Rebel11.

Thank you for responding. I have been told by the staff that it was an AHF purchase and not a Beales purchase. Do you think i should still write the Formal letter of complaint to Tony Brown, the chief executive of Beales or should i write to someone at AHF?

Kind regards

We need to find who the MD of Anglia Home Furnishings Limited is, you can then put 'CC. Tony Brown, xxxxxxxx' and send him a copy of the letter you send to AHF, if you put 'Attention of Managing Director'. That should be fine.

AHF Ltd

Burch House

Saville Road

Westwood

Peterborough

Cambridgeshire

PE3 7PR

http://www.thefurnitureombudsman.org/members-of-tfo/full-members/Anglia+Home+Furnishings+%28AHF%29+Limited

Hi Rebel11.

Thank you for responding. I have been told by the staff that it was an AHF purchase and not a Beales purchase. Do you think i should still write the Formal letter of complaint to Tony Brown, the chief executive of Beales or should i write to someone at AHF?

Kind regards

Thanks again for getting back to me.

I have tried to look online for a CEO or managing director of AHF.

I think i have found the names of 5 directors and the name of the secretary but cant seem to find the CEO?

Do you think it would be ok to write to all the directors and the secretary using their names and then just put CEO of AHF on the other or is it best to have his/her name?

Is there anywhere in particular that i should be looking to locate this name?

Thanks again for your help.

Just mark it for the attention of the 'Managing Director'.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

I have tried to look online for a CEO or managing director of AHF.

I think i have found the names of 5 directors and the name of the secretary but cant seem to find the CEO?

Do you think it would be ok to write to all the directors and the secretary using their names and then just put CEO of AHF on the other or is it best to have his/her name?

Is there anywhere in particular that i should be looking to locate this name?

Thanks again for your help.