Quick question regarding crapfest (capquest).

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. As some might know, ive been having calls off capquest the last few weeks for a debt i have no knowledge of.

I know i have to send the Prove it letter and i will be doing so.

However, would me sending them the letter along with my name and address put me on some kind of list. Like with what happens when someone answers their "security questions" on the phone?

I'm pretty up to date with DCA's and their tactics, i'd just like to know where i stand with the letter and this outfit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?358672-Capquest-fun(5-Viewing)-nbsp is the thread with the info.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yes

dx

pers i'd ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I normally would ignore but its my dads phone they are calling. Ive been staying with him for a while as he has health problems and doesnt need to get calls like this about me.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

AFAIK there is no way you can 'actually' stop them in all reality

you can wave your arms to the ICO .but.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was having LOADS of phonecalls from lowell so sent the letter below - it resulted in a letter back from them saying they have deleted my phone number off their system and all calls STOPPED :)

just amend to suit

14th Febuary 2011 By recorded mail

Dear Sir/Madam

Your ref: xxxxxxxxx

My ref: Disputed debt.

I refer to the telephone call received 12/02/2010 from your office.

In that conversation, all that was stated the name Lowell Finance. After this he tried to ask some questions such as name, address, postcode. These questions were not answered.*

I am surprised this call was using a mobile phone number xxxxxxxxxxx. (delete if not mobile phone)

You are to take heed and notice that, your office/company are not to contact me by phone ever again. Considering I am notifying you that you must not contact me by phone again, then and under the Data Protection Act, you have to remove my telephone number from your records being in whichever way/form it is held. Please note that if you contact me by telephone, after a formal request not to, you will be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and as such, I will report you to both the Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading. You are also to note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 and considering you will have not removed record of my phone number after a request to remove it, you will also be in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Yours sincerely

print do not sign

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers