style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i'm new and had trouble finding my way around.

my son and three other fellows rented out a property and paid 1120.00 deposit they moved out in june, but the deposit still has not been paid.

the landlady is deducting a total of 400.00 cleaning(most of this labour) but because a water bill for 180.00 has not been paid will not give them there deposits.

we have requested a copy of the tennants agreement but have been told we must pay 20.00 for this.

i doubt if the water rates were included in this agreement

where do they stand ? what course of action can we take? help with letters would be great.:(

44redan44,in reply to your post:

In order to assist you further regarding your son's problem it is essential that you have a copy of the tenancy agreement - a copy which should of been given to him and each of his friends when all parties to the agreement signed it.

It seems abit odd that your son and his friends do not have a copy each of the tenancy agreement.

So,I would suggest:

1.You should contact the landlady and demand that she provides a copy at NO COST and explain to her what I have told you.

2.If this fails contact the Private Tenancy Officer within the locality that the property is situated.This service is free and aimed to see that landlords treat tenants fairly.

Update me once you get a response from the landlady then I will decide what the best course of action is for you.

I found this link on another thread you may be able to use this as an LBA letter.

The landlord has to provide you with copies of invoices of any work, i.e. cleaning that she has to have done.

Some Tenancy Agreements state that you have to provide copies of all utility bills to show you have settled them, before they will return your deposit. As far as I am aware the law is the only persons responsible to pay the utility bills are the tenants/occupants at that time. So your landlord would not be liable to pay the water and therefore cannot withhold your deposit for this reason.

Unfair deposit deductions

Good luck.

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11