First national = santander cards do not want to pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

A the beginning of july 2012 I wrote to santander cards related to 2 loans I had pay off with first national.

The loans were made the 1st in 12/2001 with £ 33.99 per month with a time span of 48 months, this was to buy a PC from the extinct TINY computers. For this loan I remember like it was yesterday I was told I had to take the PPI otherwise I would not get the loan. I still have the initial letter they sent me with the detalis of payment and loan, but I did not mention any PPI, I know I bought the PC for £999 and the interest or was 26.9% or 29.6, but I am sure it had PPI.

The 2nd loan of £500 made in 08/2002 also first national, of which I still have the original credit agreement where it clear shpws a £65 PPi premiun added to the loan, even I was never told or asked about it, you just presumed it belong to the loan. This loan also as been paid off.

For my surprise on 18/07/2012 I got a a response from them saying that the older or the 1st loan they could see there was no PPI and oddly enough for the 2nd they say is too old and they do not have the file anymore, even after I sent them a copy of credit agreement.

I can smell a rat miles away, 1st how come they saying the older file they can see is no PPI but the 2nd they cannot have it anymore , even though I sent them a copy of the credit agreement which clear shows the PPI policy?

My question is what should I do? Sent a SAR to the data commissioner or what? Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

Hi tech

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Hi

SAR the lender as a first step and make sure you add a line that says that it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have had with them.

Also ask them why they are declining the second loan even though you have provided evidence that PPI was on the account.

What form did your mis-selling complaint take? did you submit a completed fos questionnaire?

hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, £10 cheque enclosed made to santander with the template letter, with the added line requesting all the accounts?

Yes I did sent them a FOS ppi form filled, and my mise-selling was because I was never told it was optional, or that I didn't have to take it, actually I was told that I had to take it to get the loan!

• 1 month later...

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? - I have same situation with PPI from July 2000. I have has a reply (from Santander Cards) saying too old, no records - even though I sent them copy of the original agreement and insurance certificate - and their website FAQ says no case is too old... what next steps? Is it straight to FOS or back to Santander in response to their 'final reponse' to point out I sent them the docs?

Hi

Sorry for the delay on answering.

Yes I believe the answer is to SAR santander cards, once they are the owners now, however in my case because I have the original credit agreement, where it clearly shows the PPI premium I will be writing a new complaint to the FLA= finance & leasing association, this because the reply letter from Santander cards stated that they closed the complaint and referred me to the FLA, where in the complaint I will proof the payment and mis-selling of PPI, through the presentation of the original loans documents, even though in my case with Santander cards the PPI premium is only around the £400 level, so it's also more a case of principle, together with the fact that I am not in a financial position to "waste" £400!

Sorry for not being of much help, but I will update accordingly...:!:

Regards,

SR

My claim is low also, a couple of hundred pounds but again its the principle - and every little helps!

I got the same "Final Response" letter stating that they did not have any records as account is too old and referring to the FLA website.

I sent them a copy of the agreement and the insurance certificate with the FOS form already - I would have said that was "record" enough.

I think they have intentionally overlooked I have sent them the documents as the FLA website says that they will only look at a PPI complaint if there is "New Information" - having sent information I beleive they have 'overlooked' it appears the FLA won't look at it as I have no "additional" information.

I am unsure whether to pursue the FLA route or go straight to FOS. thoughts?