Victim of fraud and unable to submit complains... i'm really stuck! help please

Gotrekk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

so i will try to summarize my issue.

I had to move back to italy suddenly for some major family problems, with the big hope of coming back to london as soon as everything is sorted out.

I was checking online my bank account every now and then to see if everything was ok when i discovered some transaction i never done.

i called Barclays asking to have my card blocked and i explained the whole situation.

i've been told there was no way i could get my money back because i was overseas so i had to come to a local branch.

i spent over £250 just to come over and have everything sorted out and transfer some money from my barclays account to my italian bank account.

So i went to the king's cross branch and i spoke with the manager, who, very kindly, took care of my situation:

i asked for a refund and compiled few forms with my details (i have copies with me now).

i asked for a new debit card to be issued to my italian address or ANY ohter way to access my online banking to manage my money.

i asked to transfer some money from my account to my italian account (got a copy of the transfer aswell).

After few days i received an email from the branch manager saying that the transfer was cancelled

because the money was on my savings account and i had to transfer the money from that account to my current account first so they could transfer them oversea.

Of course, in order to do that, i needed to login online...

. and of course, in order to login online, i need a debit card.

So he told me to call 00441604614812 because they needed to speak with me.

I called that number and after more than 30 minutes talking on the phone dealing with someone with no clue about his job, i got nowhere:

No way for me to access my account online,

No new debit card can be issued to an oversea address,

I can't transfer my money on the phone (of course),

I already spent more than 250 pounds coming over to London just to sort everything out and around 20 more pounds on the international call.

I tried to submit a complain on their website but I keep getting an error.

Ii've absolutely no clue on what to do next.

I simply need to transfer some money from my deposit account and from my current account to my italian bank account. What should I do?

THank You

Edited by Gotrekk

Hi Gotrekk and welcome to CAG

I know it's a rather old-fashioned concept but surely you can instruct about the transfer in a letter, giving the overseas bank account details.

Use the contact you already have in Kings Cross.

Or, can you get someone to visit your UK address, collect the new card and send it to you abroad.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)