Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye, what should i do please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye when i pulled in to a Thistle Hotel staff car park whilst on holiday in Poole. There were signs stating it was a staff car park, but didn't see reference to Parking Eye and even if i had, i wouldn't have known who they were as i've never hard a notice like this before. Stupidly, i neglected to google this and went ahead and 'appealed' to Parking Eye by email, basically admitting that i was the driver and only pulled in to the car park because my 2 year old was poorly in the back of the car and we needed to sort him out. We didn't get out of the car and were there for 35 mins.

Then yesterday i received a letter from Parking Eye stating my appeal had been unsuccessful and i again responded by email asking for sympathy on the matter, which i know is laughable now. Only then did i think to google Parking Eye and found a myriad of stories and that i should have ignored them in the first place.

Question is, what do i do now? I'm tempted to send a letter with lots of legal jargon which i've picked up, demonstrating that they can't do anything, or i can just ignore them. Obviously i don't want a court case on my hands and the fact i've basically admitted i was the driver does put me in a weaker position.

Any advice would be useful.

Thanks

Anthony

ignore them its a speculative invoice, let them write dont respond keep all letters though, when they realise you wont pay them they move onto next victim

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

just type in parking eye in our search top right and read.........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. I've read lots of stuff on parking eye but most people haven't done the stupid thing of replying to them like I did so I wanted opinions on what to do next. I still feel I should write to them formally stating that they cannot do anything...

NO drop it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'll be back if they take me to court!

So we won't be hearing from you again.

But keep us informed of the chain of threat-0-grams.

If they make you a history breaking genuine person they take to Court, come back. There are those here who will support and guide you through defending it and claiming your maximum costs and publicity against them.

But when did you last see a cow flying?

Edited by Tony P

Lol maybe they won't but to be fair they did take someone to court last year in Manchester and they lost. I also read a solicitor's opinion on this who said apparently they have got more aggressive and since I've basically admitted I was the driver, there's about a 50/50 chance they'll take me to court. We'll see anyway...

Knowing the identity of a Driver is only one of the many hurdles they have to overcome.

As far as winning a case, it is not unknown for PPCs to take actions against 'stooge plants' to get the result they want, to unsettle others into making voluntary payments to them.

Also many cases are won by default - the Defendant fails to turn up.

Although technically a win, it is not a case won.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks