Bailiff says only deal with me not the council i work for them - really?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The reason for my comments over whose debt is whose is because the Bailiff may only levy on the goods of the debtor and not the partner.

Aha, thanks very much.

I am going to keep fighting them, but also pay them via Internet banking.

I will fight the levy with the details people have written above.

Thanks for everyone's help......

Using the phraseology yon scummy bailiff has used, i.e. "I work for the council" in order to gain entry would amount to Burglary Artifice (literally translated "Burglary by Clever Trickery"). Ploddertom is correct in that his permission to enter can be revoked. The bailiff would then have to gain further permission to enter. There are provisions under Regulations 45(7) and 46 of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 that enables a debtor to haul the local authority involved before a Magistrates Court for Irregular Distress or Levy. The court has the option to order the local authority to pay damages to the debtor or order the local authority to stop the bailiffs engaging in unlawful behaviour.

It would be a good idea to write to the county court where yon scummy bailiff is registered. The last cagger who did that was asked by the District Judge to submit a Form 4 complaint. If the bailiff company hold an OFT CCA Licence, send a complaint by email to enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk, inserting the words CREDIT FITNESS in the subject box. If you know what bailiff company this moron is employed by, it shouldn't take long to find out if that company holds a CCA licence. Give a clear and concise resume of your complaint. You have a choice of weapons. Choose wisely.

Using the phraseology yon scummy bailiff has used, i.e. "I work for the council" in order to gain entry would amount to Burglary Artifice (literally translated "Burglary by Clever Trickery"). Ploddertom is correct in that his permission to enter can be revoked. The bailiff would then have to gain further permission to enter. There are provisions under Regulations 45(7) and 46 of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 that enables a debtor to haul the local authority involved before a Magistrates Court for Irregular Distress or Levy. The court has the option to order the local authority to pay damages to the debtor or order the local authority to stop the bailiffs engaging in unlawful behaviour.

It would be a good idea to write to the county court where yon scummy bailiff is registered. The last cagger who did that was asked by the District Judge to submit a Form 4 complaint. If the bailiff company hold an OFT CCA Licence, send a complaint by email to enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk, inserting the words CREDIT FITNESS in the subject box. If you know what bailiff company this moron is employed by, it shouldn't take long to find out if that company holds a CCA licence. Give a clear and concise resume of your complaint. You have a choice of weapons. Choose wisely.

Hi Old Bill, the twist in this is that I had a voicemail from him today (I refuse to answer the phone to him) he says he works FOR the Council not another company? Does that mean he is actually employed by the Council and not a company like Capita then do you think?

thanks again to all of you for your help ...........

Hi Old Bill, the twist in this is that I had a voicemail from him today (I refuse to answer the phone to him) he says he works FOR the Council not another company? Does that mean he is actually employed by the Council and not a company like Capita then do you think?

I'm going to send you a PM.

I'm going to send you a PM.

Hi old bill, I can't reply as I am only on 15 posts. I wrote a lovely long note to you as well lol.

I do have his name and checked, on there it DID say the council.

Cardiff Council do indeed have their own Bailiff team but obviously they are being very economical with the truth for gaining entry.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PT

Thanks for posting that up, PT. Even though yon scummy bailiff works for the council, he is still bound by the same laws as those working for commercial bailiff companies. No exceptions.

What does PT mean?? Lol

You posed the question over who he works for, I was pointing out that if you had gone back over the posts you would realise he is a Council employee who is also a Certificated Bailiff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PT in your post 23 please could you tell me where the parts in blue come from? are they rules and regulations or codes of conduct or something like that and where can I find them all in full? these sound very helpful

PT in your post 23 please could you tell me where the parts in blue come from? are they rules and regulations or codes of conduct or something like that and where can I find them all in full? these sound very helpful

I have them on file at home for both electrical & furnishings. I'll dig them out & send them to you later tonight & it may be of interest to note they come from details provided to HMRC debt collectors.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]