OH's HSBC PPI Reclaim - offsetting? - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok download this spreadsheet

StatIntSheet v101.xls

When you open it up the "claim to" date should already be set to today's date. It will automatically update the date as each day goes by.

In the list section all you need to do is list the PPI payments made giving the date of the payment, a description (i.e. "PPI Payment") and the amount.

From what you say the loan appears to have run it's natural course so you would have the first figure of £19.76 and then followed by a list of 59 payments of £19.56.

You only need to enter data in the columns for the date of payment, the description and the amount. The spreadsheet will do the rest of you.

EDIT: two threads merged

• Confused 1

Once again thank you,lets hope its idiot proof

Come back for help if you need it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks,I have done the spreadsheet it made it so much easier :-D.I have also written a letter which I am sending to HSBC Regulated Sales Complaints in Bristol,I could have written so much more! Once again many thanks to you and Ims for the support

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first reply from HSBC regarding the above,one sentence in the middle of the usual blather states

"I confirm that the reference number ************** quoted in your letter is for a Bank Account and therefore does not benefit from payment protection insurance".

I knew that :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent off a SAR early July when it didn't arrive I sent a strongly worded nudge letter which was acknowledged by HSBC and their reply also contained the form for preferred bank for the material to be sent to which was filled out and returned beginning of this month.I have heard nothing since,what would be considered a reasonable time to allow them on this.

40days ago

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Today letter from HSBC saying they had not received information,

checked with Royal Mail it had been delivered.

I'm putting this here as I think the HSBC may have pulled a fast one regarding the address to return the form to,

the letter came from the UK Data Protection Compliance Griffin House Sheffield address,

the instructions on the form said to return the completed form to the address at the bottom of the attached letter

which was the Canada Square address.

Time wasters.

Me too. Got a letter yesterday claiming that they didn't get my original (I have proof of delivery) and could I send another request and a £10 cheque... Original request sent to the Group Data Protection Manager at Canada Square and all correspondence since has come from Sheffield.

(They are reacting to a chase letter I sent early August in case you are wondering how I am getting letters about I request I "never made").

Just checking to see if they cashed the postal order. Complaint to the ICO if they did.

Hi Bandit

I've given up chasing after them and filled out the ICO complaint form today after trying to fax Griffin House only to find the listed number doesn't work.It's all about playing for time the more they stall the more determined I get.I don't think they cashed the postal order I sent but as they never mentioned it neither did I,your SAR looks like it went in in the same time frame as mine.They've obviously been overwhelmed :lol: Good luck and keep us posted.

All of you get your complaints in to ICO - HSBC made a statement last year that they have corrected their system regarding SAR request to meet the deadline of 40 days from actual receipt of a request to them (signed for), and not from the time they get around to actioning (usually 4 days later),. I have it in writting from ICO. By the Way ICO Contact at HSBC is:- Julian Howells based at Coventry.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks for this info Mike,sent my complaint to the ICO last week but I'll have a go at Julian Howells anyway.

R - addrees it to him personally Private & Confidential as it will just get passed on I found, mention that ICO gave you his name? o.k. at this point they did not but will no doubt when they get back to you./?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: