style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know what to make of this or if I'm being a bit paranoid but this has been happening to me quite often.

I have a overdraft of £600 and most months I get near to it. About 3 times this year I have looged into my bank account and checked my balance e.g £10, I have then spent £7 on a Maestro transaction. Then a couple of days later, when I check my account I am overdrawn due to another transaction that I made a week earlier has come off.

Some may say it's my fault for not checking that my transactions are off the balance but I just find it strange that the transactions only get delayed when I'm near to my overdraft limit. When contacting YB they said Tesco (which the transaction was with) had 3 or 6 months (cannot remember) to take the transaction. Funny how the £7 came out instantly leaving £3 but a purchase a week earlier was not off yet, it was from the same Tesco store. Just seems that it would be all too easy for banks to hold a transaction back until I near my overdraft limit and BAM! £25 please.

Has anyone else had issues with delayed Maestro transactions or a similar experience?

• 2 weeks later...

yes...every week......

they will take things out then put things back in ,they take direct debits that fall on a weekend or a bank holiday out before they are due usually the friday before,they bounce direct debits and then add 35 pounds charges one month then pay a direct debit and allow us to go over our overdraft with no charges the next,they do what they please when they please how they please aslong as it makes them money

:psonnab :p

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Can't say I've had an issue with DD as mentioned above, probably as they come out just after I get paid. It has happened again this month. last night I checked my wife's account and had balance of £30. I went out and spent £21 and knew our OD charges were coming out today. I checked bank at 4pm and spent £21 around 5.30pm. checked this morning and am overdrawn by £14 as a Maestro transaction that I made on Sat 23/03 had come out after I checked it at 4pm yesterday.

I know it's my responsibility to check transactions but it a bit funny how they always seem to delay until my balance is nearly to zero. On my statement it came out before the £21 I spent so why did it let me spend it. So annoying, think I will have to clear my OD and move to another bank.

• 2 weeks later...
All of the above - Yorkshire bank are crooks, and are about 10 yrs behind every other bank in the UK. They don't even have an App for gods sake!

Yorkshire bank are co-owned with Clydesdale bank by the NAB group (National Australian Bank group). All the complaint lines go to the same email groups.

Look for my thread and you'll see that they are actually employing business psychologists to handle claimants.