Debt clearance advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope some Caggers can help with this issue.

I've got about £4500 in debts over the last few years that have all gone to default, I also have 7 that are due to be statute barred between now and October.

I currently have 3 accounts in the green and up to date, these are Tesco mobile contract, small provident loan and virgin media, along with 6 years + on electoral role at my present address. I keep the provident loan ticking over just keep something on file as a current credit account.

The debts currently in default that are not close to dropping off are 12 in total, and all appear to now be with DCA

I also have a CCJ that will be paid in full within 3 months.

The debts I am looking to clear are generally old credit card, catalogue and phone contracts, I have been silly over the year and when I have fell behind on payments I've just left them be and now I'm in the mess I am.

I've recently been promoted in work which has afforded me a pretty good payrise and so now I would like to ideally spend the next 6 months paying the debts off and trying to slowly build up my credit score which I know is going to take quite a while.

Ideally I would be looking into applying for a mortgage in about 4 years time so looking to get squared away as soon as possible

Any advice on prioritising the debts and also advice to improve my credit rating after this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Welcome to CAG,

The CCJ is obviously the biggest priority,

tackle some of the smaller defaults first

but do not try to do to many at once.

List them all By default date amount and DCA chasing them.

Even if pay a debt off the default entry on credit files will stay

on file for thw remainder of the six years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: