claim settled with mention of a confidentiality

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no - it is your right to insist that no conditions be attached to the payment/settlement. Don't worry they will pay you.

I think just as a matter of priniciple i shall reject the offer unless there are no conditions attached.

Hi there

I am currently claiming from HSBC and had accepted an offer in principle - full amount.

I had the confirmation letter yesterday which also stated the confidentiality clause. I crossed out that bit signed it and returned to DG Solicitors - if they do not pay then my court claim is still in place and will not be stopped until the money is in my mitts!!

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi there

I am currently claiming from HSBC and had accepted an offer in principle - full amount.

I had the confirmation letter yesterday which also stated the confidentiality clause. I crossed out that bit signed it and returned to DG Solicitors - if they do not pay then my court claim is still in place and will not be stopped until the money is in my mitts!!

Boo

Thats an idea i may do thay myself even though it has no weight just for the principle

Thats an idea i may do thay myself even though it has no weight just for the principle

A principle's a principle hun!;-)

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Sneaky bs had a letter from DG this morning thanking me for accepting the offer and that they would credit the account soon, but no payment sent them a letter saying i want payment as well as credit, as a credit is just the same as me payin charges again has anyone else had them or any other bank do this as i have the same with alliance credit card who albeit more upfront with there intentions to 'credit' the account

My letter from DG Solicitors also had a confidentiality clause,which i crossed out.I had a reply today 'the agreed sum will be credited in the next day or so' !!.No mention of the clause.However they don't have much confidence in the bank,it continues' If the credit does not appear within the next week please telephone the writer'!!:)

:grin:amount WON so far £15,021.27(12 claims):D

thanks for your reply karnevil i have realised that i have been applying the priniciples from the current account to the credit card acc ooops!. heres a question from another credit card account the total of charges i had paid and relating interest was 1644 also there was a further 500 pounds in unpaid charges plus interest which made up the balance . At the time of initial start up of process the balance on the acc was 1492 in debit so am i rite in thinkin i can ask they credit my account with a further £152 (the difference between the 1644 and 1492) to close the matter?