8 weeks of access for prospective tenants?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I have some ongoing maintenance issues with my property that still have not been resolved. Therefore i am slightly unwilling to be overly accommodating to my letting agents as there are two points in my contract which they have breached. I have recently given 2 months notice and instantly am being bombarded with requests to for new tenant viewings, often with little notice. I have a heavily pregnant girlfriend at home, who obviously needs rest at random times of the day.

Given that many many lettings only require a single months notice, i have said i feel it is reasonable to allow new tenant viewings for the whole of the final month of my tenancy, but not two months. My agent says viewings will go ahead because new tenants in the area require an 6-8week lead in period. I am not denying access as i am happy to grant access at suitable times in what i consider a reasonable time during the last 4 weeks of my tenancy, but that i feel it intrusive for this to happen constantly for 8 weeks.

I was wondering what people think of this, as many threads on here are cut and shut access or no access. I am happy to grant access, but not yet. Am i right in thinking i am being reasonable?

I would write to the agents and send with proof of posting, that NO viewings will be done until the last month of the tenancy, and then only with prior consent at least 24-48 hours given in advance.

Any threat of letting themselves in will result in being sued for harassment and breach of quiet enjoyment.

These people think that they can bully tenants, and in the majority of cases they get away with it.

Also do as Coniff suggests so that there can be no "oh I didn't realise" as they knock on the door with prospective tenants in tow.

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

In addition to the above post

You have a right to quiet enjoyment and privacy in your home....

You Do have a right to refuse entry,if it's not covenant to you

Change the locks on the door,But make sure you cause No damage and replace the originals when you leave....

Arranged a time and date to suite you and not them,get a friend to sit with you if you can during viewings if you feel harassed...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...