Default on my credit file off Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Vodafone issued a default against me around a year ago,

I have paid the amount off in full but somehow the default is still on my file

as I am now trying for a mortgage and having no luck unless the default is removed.

I have written., emailed and telephoned Vodafone numerous times

get passed around every department and just going round in circles,

Eventully last week I had a long conversation with a gentlemen who says the default will be 100% removed

and will get a confrimation letter in the post within 2 weeks,

2 Weeks have gone and still no letter,

I phoned Vodafone back up today and they were so unhelpful,

The women says I wont be able to get the default removed and my file with vodafone is gone and they have no record of me...How can they do this.

Is there anything I can do? I am getting so stressed about this?

Help me please

Can someone please help me!

I have been given a default by Vodafone over a year ago and not sure why, I paid the balance off in full and no warning letters were sent.

I have tried to contact Vodafone numerous times and nobody seems to be helping.

A few weeks ago a gentlemen told me the default was 100% getting removed and would recieve a confrimation letter in 14 days but have no letter, So I rang up again and nobody had a clue what I was on about.

Please can somebody help, I need to get a mortgage asap and this is getting me so stressed.

I've moved your thread to the Telecoms forum.

As you know, there is a Vodafone rep on this site. To get lee on board with your query, follow these instructions

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at customer.care@help.vodafo ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

When you have done that you will receive a reference number which you should post on this thread so that Lee can track it.

I'm also going to bring your other posts on this subject into this thread so please continue with this issue on this thread only

OK So a year & abit ago Vodafone issued a default against me with no warning letter and also the balance was paid in full.

Went to apply for a mortgage and was refused later to find ou what Vodafone did!

Since then I have emailed, Telephoned and wrote to Vodafone and getting no further forward.

A few weeks ago A vodafone staff member told me 100% the default would be removed and would recieve a confrimation letter within 2 weeks that time has gone and still no letter, since then I have tried emailing and phoning and eventually spoke to someone yesterday after being passed around different departments and she said that Vodafone didn't even a have a file for me anymore and it was all closed down how are these people saying this.

I was relying on that 1st person to send the letter I even reserved a house at a large fee which I will now lose.....

One member of staff didn't even know what a default is.....Serious how can they do this.

I am so stressed and depressed about this full thing, I have a 9 month old daughter that I am trying to make a future for and right now i'm stuck at my inlaws tiny house where everyone know is treading on eachothers toes.

Please can someone help me!

OK So a year & abit ago Vodafone issued a default against me with no warning letter and also the balance was paid in full.

Went to apply for a mortgage and was refused later to find ou what Vodafone did!

Since then I have emailed, Telephoned and wrote to Vodafone and getting no further forward.

A few weeks ago A vodafone staff member told me 100% the default would be removed and would recieve a confrimation letter within 2 weeks that time has gone and still no letter, since then I have tried emailing and phoning and eventually spoke to someone yesterday after being passed around different departments and she said that Vodafone didn't even a have a file for me anymore and it was all closed down how are these people saying this.

I was relying on that 1st person to send the letter I even reserved a house at a large fee which I will now lose.....

One member of staff didn't even know what a default is.....Serious how can they do this.

I am so stressed and depressed about this full thing, I have a 9 month old daughter that I am trying to make a future for and right now i'm stuck at my inlaws tiny house where everyone know is treading on eachothers toes.

Please can someone help me!

The default is on your credit file as you defaulted on your account. With accounts such as mobile phone contracts, there is no requirement to send you a final notice prior to defaulting you as there is in other forms of credit, such as fixed term.

If they remove this, it will be as a good will gesture if they haven't really done anything wrong - helps if th amount was small.

Vodaphone say that they always send letters prior to adding a default and effectively trashing someone's credit file

It would help if you could clarify what happened: did you clear the balance before you discovered the default or afterwards?

What was the amount involved? Was it the final payment after you had ended the contract?

Were you paying by direct debit or some other method?

Were you getting electronic or paper billing?

Do send the email to Vodaphone & post teh reference number here to try to get some help from the Vodaphone rep.

Hi 2grumpy, The amount was for something like £500, I paid the amount off each month by direct debit ( set up payment plan with vodafone) went to apply for a mortgage middle of last year and was refused so I went on to experian and seen that vodafone issued me a default.

I never recieved any default warning letter, I did move house and told vodafone of this I also gave the tenant that was living at that address after me my forwarding address but that tentant was throwing mail away.....

Whats anoying me is that I phoned a few weeks ago and 2 of Vodafone staff told me that 100% the default would be removed and would recieve a confrimation letter within 2 weeks well those weeks have been and gone and still no letter, I am furious as I was counting on that letter for my mortgage application and even reserved a house for a large fee which I will now lose... I am so stressed just feel like giving up and will have to rent for the rest of my lfe.

Also how do I get that lee from vodafone to check out my posts.

Hi,

I have sent Lee a pm with a 'link' to this thread, hopefully he'll have a look shortly.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi 2grumpy, The amount was for something like £500, I paid the amount off each month by direct debit ( set up payment plan with vodafone) went to apply for a mortgage middle of last year and was refused so I went on to experian and seen that vodafone issued me a default.

I never recieved any default warning letter, I did move house and told vodafone of this I also gave the tenant that was living at that address after me my forwarding address but that tentant was throwing mail away.....

Whats anoying me is that I phoned a few weeks ago and 2 of Vodafone staff told me that 100% the default would be removed and would recieve a confrimation letter within 2 weeks well those weeks have been and gone and still no letter, I am furious as I was counting on that letter for my mortgage application and even reserved a house for a large fee which I will now lose... I am so stressed just feel like giving up and will have to rent for the rest of my lfe.

Does this mean that you had built up a debt with them? If so, how did it arise?

At any rate, Vodaphone misled you (though unless you recorded the conversation they might deny that)

I canceled my contract with them so full figure was around £500, So I set up a payment plan with Vodafone and a set amount to be take out my account each month....No I didn't record the call but I thought Vodafone did, If I can give them a date & a rough time surely they will be able to track that...When I rang up again last week the member of staff also told me a letter would be sent out as there was a note put on my file..

It is just beyond me how 1 person can say 1 thing and another person total oppisite.....Vodafone are a really bad company, And having been reading alot about people in A similar situation.

Thanks for your help.

How many months were left on the contract and how many months did you pay the bill over?

The termination charges are dodgy so vodaphone might not want the possibility of having to pay damages for your lost deposit & house if they have registered a default for an amount they weren't entitled to in the first place ...

There was around 8 months left on contract, And I paid the bill over 7 months....I have been sent a letter yesterday saying the default has to stay on so rang up last night and spoke to someone from quality insurance who said there was no chance in getting the default lifted, They have sent the request up to someone in head office but the he says the answer will more than likely be a no.....I dunno what to do now, Im a just furious that somebody from Vodafone says 100% the deafult would be removed I trusted that person so thats why I put the reserve fee for the house..

I do not want anything else from Vodafone except for the default to be lifted, I'm not interested in vompo or anything else like that....I might go to solicitors but they charge a arn and a leg....

Thanks for your reply

Hi tonyrumbold,

I can understand the concerns you have here and would like to get them looked into further.

If you've emailed us already could you update the thread with your email reference number from our automated to enable me to track it down?

If you haven't could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line and again update the thread with the reference number once the automated reply has arrived?

In regard to your conversations with us I can confirm that any recordings are only kept for a short period of time (usually sixty days) and so those from last year I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to call upon. However, we may be able to review the call which you've mentioned having taken place a few weeks ago.

Please be assured that as soon as you're able to get in touch with me I'll get your concerns investigated and get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi,

I have sent Lee a pm with a 'link' to this thread, hopefully he'll have a look shortly.

Thanks for flagging this Scott.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee

Thanks for getting back to me, I have spoke to someone via emails and really getting nowhere.

The phone call took place around 16 days ago, I can give you the time and date of phonecall, But didn't get the mans names.

Many Thanks

This could be interesting

A mobile phone customer with 8 months to go on their contract terminates the contract and pays off the balance of the amount that the company charges over 7 months

The company also registers a default

WHY??

The termination charge represents anticipated profit. They got their income over the same timescale.

sorry 2grumpy not quite sure what you mean?

I'm suggesting that vodaphone wasn't due the full amount that they charged for the termination charge since that would include phone calls and profit that they weren't entitled to claim. Despite that they got the same amount of money from you over the same period, so why would they want to register a default?

I would suggest that their updates to the CRA do not represent a proper picture and that if you suffer any losses as a result then you should get legal advice