style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hubby was caught speeding in Scotland, 42 in a 30 mile zone. he has no problem paying the fine and getting the points but the problem is, his licence is with dvla and cannot send it to Scotland to get the points. if he does not reply in 28 days i don't know what will happen. is there a way round this/ advice much appreciated.

Call the number on the fixed penalty offer to see what they say as its faster than writing, but its in your interest to have a recording of the call.

Then call the Procurator Fiscal's office for the area the offence happened. Tell them what has happened too, as it's they who a fixed penalty is passed to if not paid.

If you can say where it happened it's likely I can tell you the number, but try to be specific - as for example the M8 covers ?5? PFs offices.

Has he named himself as driver? If not he must do this within 28 days whether or not he sends his licence in or he commits a separate offence, which would get him 6 points and a fine of several hundred pounds.

If he has a conditional offer of a fixed penalty then he has 28 days (or such longer time as may be specified) to accept it, and if he doesn't then he'll be prosecuted for the offence and potentially get a bigger fine in court. But he can't accept it without surrendering his licence. His best option is to contact the ticket office, explain that his licence is at the DVLA and ask if they will extend the period he has to accept it. The police aren;t obliged to do this, but hopefully will as it will make life easier for them as well as for him. If they don't then this being Scotland there's a chance that he'll get a further offer from the procurator fiscal before it actually goes to court. Worst case if neither happens and he does get a summons he can plead guilty by post, explain the situation with his licence and ask the court to impose the same penalty as he would have got had he been able to send his licence in (3 points and £60).

it was the A82 (t) longman road inverness, highland. i rang a number today and explained what is happening and they said he has 28 days to send his licence then they will send another letter. the person i spoke to was ok but it's just a sad situation as the dvla has had my hubby's licence since october.

hi aretnap, he has admitted he is the driver and has been offered a conditional offer but he needs to send the licence, the person i spoke to on the phone did say they will send another offer after 28 days and then will take all the details down. i would like to think that beings there is a valid reason why the licence cannot be produced they will understand, all they have to do is contact the dvla.

its a long story, my hubbies licence was revoked in 2009 for misuse of alcohol. he had an independent medical done then with bloods taken, they then took his licence away, 3 wks after that he had a brain hemorrhage which he has recovered from. his licence was returned to him in 2010 after 6 months so now he has to re apply for it every yr at the mo. in june he had an independent medical again with bloods taken so we are now waiting on the outcome of whether they are going to return his licence, it has been 3wks today. this is an off chance, does anyone know what the blood parameters are with the dvla? my hubby had bloods taken at our doctors before the medical and his gamma was 26, AS 20, ALT 26 and his MCV 90.1. as i have read on different forums these bloods will be within range. so this is the story. my hubby in all of his years of driving which is 30yrs he has never had a motoring offense. not a bad record.