Online Ticket Exchange Company - Help pls!

Kate987123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've posted on the forums before but only in relation to debts and banking so I hope I'm posting in the right section now.

A few months ago I listed a pair of tickets for sale using a well known ticket exchange company (online). I received email notification saying they had been purchased and only then did I realise that I had (very stupidly) listed the wrong date).

I scoured the website for company contact details and the only option was to submit a FAQ form. I did so within an hr of the purchase. I explained what I had done and that the tickets advertised were for the day before but I also had some tickets for the date I had incorrectly listed but they were in a slightly different place in the arena. I was very apologetic and asked if either I could contact the buyer or they could to let them know and see if they wanted to cancel or take either set of tickets.

I was then told that they won't contact the buyer until just before the concert (early 2013) and that I am advised to keep all tickets in case the buyer wishes to use them.

Obviously this is ridiculous and is going to only lead to disappointment for the buyer. Additionally, the contract states that if the seller doesn't deliver the tickets then the company will find a replacement and the seller is liable. I was selling for the face value but they sell tickets for £500-600 on there so I could end up with them saying I owe £1,500+.

I appreciate that this was my own stupid mistake but it seems their 'policy' is somewhat ridiculous. I have emailed and asked for a member of management staff to contact me but have heard nothing back.

I'm about to start doing some research and see what can be done, find a phone number etc. I believe they are owned by a very well known ticketing company but you know what it's like trying to get through to someone via the standard 0845 numbers!

Any advice or opinions very welcome, thanks for reading