MBNA CC Charges whilst in dispute?

felixfly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you kept the envelope that the DN came in ?

If you have, and it is marked UKMail, then it will be ineffective.

If you haven't, you'll need to put MBNA to strict proof as to the class of postage service used and to provide proof of postage.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have an old MBNA card which I have not paid anything to for about 3 years.

This is due to the fact that they could not provide me with a CCA.

Over the last 3 years I have been sent various threatograms which I have just ignored and it has been passed around a bit.

I have gone back to looking at the SAR info I received 3 years ago

and noticed that during the first year of the account from 2003 to 2004 I was paying PPI of about £30 a month.

I must have realised and cancelled this in 2004 as it suddenly stops.

There is also a lot of charges on there that are called 'Posted Credt Insurance Fees' Does anyone know what these are?

Can I claim these back with my account in default?

I am happy for them to just reduced the amount owed on the various DCA letters I get

and am not expecting them to give me cash when I have not paid it.

Would going through this process affect the time to Statute Barred?

Can I do this whilst I am saying the account is in dispute due to no CCA?

Regards

if you were to reclaim the PPI

and those PENALTY fees [as well as the 'Posted Credt Insurance Fees' ]

using the CIshet

does this wipe out the balance?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Im not sure because I find the interest confusing, I have seen posts saying charge 8%, 29% and some saying charge whatever the credit card interest fee was. Im not sure which one to use.

My balance is currently around £4100

The PPI I have paid is £1150 in 2003-2005. The account was started in 2002 and closed in 2006 so there will be more but I only got 6 years worth of statements with my SAR.

The charges from 2003 onwards amount to £1480

Both of the above are without interest added as I dont know what figure to use. I have put all the figures in the spreadsheet.

yes it was

on a cedit card PENALTY fees and PPI are ALWAYS

charged at THEIR purchase [interest] rate.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The PPI I have paid is £1150 in 2003-2005. The account was started in 2002 and closed in 2006 so there will be more but I only got 6 years worth of statements with my SAR

You say you've only got 6 years worth of statements - but you only had the account from 2002 to 2006. What period do the statements run from?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi

Sorry, when I say it was closed I mean thats when it was defaulted. I sent my SAR in 2009 so received 2003 - 2009. From 2006 to 2009 It was just me paying them a fixed figure via an arrangement though CCCS.

Hi

Sorry, when I say it was closed I mean thats when it was defaulted. I sent my SAR in 2009 so received 2003 - 2009. From 2006 to 2009 It was just me paying them a fixed figure via an arrangement though CCCS.

So how do you know that the opening balance on the first statement in 2003 was correct?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I suppose I just need to take there word for it. I have looked closer and there is probably about 4 months from opening the account to the first statement they sent.

Also, do I claim interest up until todays date or up until the default date?

till todays date, though that will slide till they settle, that is covered by the complaint letter from the library here.

you use their last/latest credit card rate. as it post 31

i suggest you type in

reclaim credit card PENALTY charges

in our search top right.

or read the links below

the more you read the stronger we become.

dx

and they

• 5 weeks later...

I sent MBNA a letter asking them to refund my charges and included the spreadsheet showing the compounded interest.

They replied with a standard letter saying they do not have enough information and asking me to complete the enclosed questionaire.

The thing is, they never enclosed any questionaire.

I rang them up over a week ago and they apologised and said they would put it in the post but I still have not received it.

Is this just them delaying things hoping I will give in?

AFAIK there is no questionaire for a charges reclaim

could this be for the PPI?

dx

and they

sri i should have outlined the process

though you've just gone ahead without checking back.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

this is the one , that should have gone off with your SOC & covering letter for the PPI claim.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Well I have had responses now to both my charges and my PPI.

Regarding the charges, they have offered my £20 as a goodwill gesture. I will now look into taking this further through the court. I am a bit wary of this though as I have never been to court before. There are lots of threads on here that geet to this stage and just stop. Im undecided how to proceed now.

For the PPI. They have sent me a letter stating that I ticked a box asking for the PPI at the time of my application, they also say they have attached a copy. I did not tick this and what they have actually sent is a printout of their own application data with says PPI = YES. I cannot remember whether I applied for this online or not.

I would like to take this further but again I am a bit intimidated by the court route so may go to the FOS. How long would it take this way? Should I try the court route hoping they will back down?

Regards

if this is the first response then write back saying where s the rest of my charges reclaim

as fo the ppi

write baxck

it is well known that the mbna site had the tick box pre-ticked

i suggest you do some reading up on other mbna claims

dx

and they

Thanks,

My charges come to £1400 and with interest it works out at £6750. I would like to keep this in the small claims court so would be happy to go for £4999. Am I ok to include the actual figures but state in the letter that I will be claiming £4999 through the small claims court or should I try and figure out an interest rate that comes under £5000?

Is it acceptable to just tell them I am asking for £4999 to keep it in small claims?

£20 offer for +£6k!!

stupid lot

dont quibble challenge them

why are the not coughing?

dx

and they

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Just to update about my PPI.

I have received a letter from the FOS today saying they have suggested to MBNA that they pay back all my PPI. They have given them until the end of this month to respond and either agree, disagree or make another offer.

Does this mean they will pay or do they usually disagree? Has anyone else had this response?

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hmmm,

Well I received a letter from the FOS now saying that MBNA disagree with the FOS decision. They have quoted some case references that they say are similar to mine but these have been blacked out. In the letter it goes on to say that 'this does not necessarily mean the FOS will change their decision'.

Has anybody else had this? Is this just MBNA trying it on?

Regards

• 5 months later...