Important point from the Guardian Q+A

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Martin for the links, since this news broke I've been wondering how this has affected me as I have a Libor linked secured loan. The grauniad article helps to answering this.

So have I been overcharged interest on my mortgage?

Maybe – and maybe not. Barclays traders were pushing the Libor rate up at one stage (to enhance their profits), which could have pushed mortgage rates higher than they should have been. But the indications are that during the financial crisis, Libor was manipulated downwards. So all those landlords with Libor-linked buy-to-let loans enjoyed interest rates lower than they might otherwise have had to pay. "There won't be much business for the ambulance-chasing lawyers in this," said Boulger.

So on balance it probably didn't affect home owners much. Another BBC article suggests that while Barclays were trying to manipulate Libor, they weren't very good at it, and at most only managed to massage it a few basis points each way.