ANOTHER Very thread - sorry, but help appreciated please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had a look through a lot of the threads on here so I shall try and give as much info as possible for anyone to help me here!

I have a £2800 very debt in my name, and a £2500 debt in my wife's name. (these are the 2 I am having trouble with, although we also have a Simplybe and a Jacamo account that have been agreed at £5 per month repayments each)

Both were taken out online in 2008.

I lost my original job in 2010 (I was earning a good wage then), but I managed to find another job and I kept up with the minimum payments to both Very accounts. However, over the last 4 months I struggled to keep up with paying £130 minimum payment on EACH very account, so I defaulted on mine and I have had issues ever since..... They wouldn't accept my pro rata payment (which I have paid for the last 3 months) and now they have passed it on to NDR who are insisting I pay them the £453.65. Obviously in between I have had several default notices & late payment fees.

I lost my job yesterday so now I am waiting on a claim for Job seekers, while I try to find other employment (my wife is also looking for work too). We have 4 children and are really struggling so need to know the best way to approach this.

I have already sent Very 3 letters telling them that I would be paying a pro rata payment of £50 (that was what I could afford while I was working, but now I can't!) And they always reply with "that's not acceptable - please phone". I have also asked each time for them to freeze interest and charges which they refused to do.

Where do I go from here with both accounts? Do I write to NDR now for my account? Tell them that all I can afford is £5 per month until further notice? And should my wife write to Very and tell them the same, or is there a quicker way of going through the whole "we will not accept your offer of payment" stuff?

Sorry that's been a bit long, just trying to put as much info as possible on there!

Thanks for any help!