CB JSA and NIC contributions

clipperboat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am getting made redundant in the near future.

Thankfully I have a personal income protection insurance but to qualify this I need to be in receipt of JSA.

Here is where the problem lies.

For the past 18 months I have been paying my NICS as any employee does, but prior to that my wages was paid primarily as dividends and I was paid a minimum salary to qualify for my NIC contributions being up to date, even though I did not actually pay anything.

I know I won't get IB JSA due to my partner working and savings.

I am now being told by various colleagues that I therefore may not even be entitled to CB JSA because I will not have paid enough NIC's.

I do have a NIC record which states that 'Payment not needed' for years 2006 - 2010 (when I was being paid via dividends) and there is also a statement which says 'If any tax year on the enclosed schedule has 'payment not needed' next to it, the tax year has enough NIC's paid or credits allocated to be a qualifying year for basic State Pension and bereavement payments' but is this enough to qualify for CB JSA.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.