Written off/now fixable!

Ranjebla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident at the weekend and had been advised, on two seperate occasions by my insurance company, that is was a total loss. I yesterday received a letter from the company I was advised would be taking my car for salvage asking me to send all my documents keys etc ( the letter had details relating to my vehicle/claim) and to register them as the new owners on section 9 of the v5 vehicle registration document. This is duly did as soon as I received the note as I wanted to keep the process moving quickly, I then received an email later that afternoon advising me the car was actually fixable and that it would be taken to a garage. I called to query this and explained I had acted upon the letter I had received and that I would no longer be the owner as I had transferred ownership. My query is where do I stand as i acted on a piece of information which they changed and also I don't wish to have the ownership transferred back to me as I will then be the third owner of the car, thus therefore devaluing it when I chose to resell. Any advice would be brilliant as I will be speaking with them again shortly and would like some advice on where I stand.

Guest Aviva Support
I was involved in a motor vehicle accident at the weekend and had been advised, on two seperate occasions by my insurance company, that is was a total loss. I yesterday received a letter from the company I was advised would be taking my car for salvage asking me to send all my documents keys etc ( the letter had details relating to my vehicle/claim) and to register them as the new owners on section 9 of the v5 vehicle registration document. This is duly did as soon as I received the note as I wanted to keep the process moving quickly, I then received an email later that afternoon advising me the car was actually fixable and that it would be taken to a garage. I called to query this and explained I had acted upon the letter I had received and that I would no longer be the owner as I had transferred ownership. My query is where do I stand as i acted on a piece of information which they changed and also I don't wish to have the ownership transferred back to me as I will then be the third owner of the car, thus therefore devaluing it when I chose to resell. Any advice would be brilliant as I will be speaking with them again shortly and would like some advice on where I stand.

Hi Ranjebla,

Sorry to hear about the accident and I hope you're ok.

If you're insured with Aviva (I assume you are due to the location of your thread), I can have this investigated for you. Please email me the following informaiton:

• Full name
  • Date of birth
  • Postcode
  • Policy number or Claim reference number

When I receive your email I'll liaise with our Claims department to answer your queries.

Kind regards,

Martin Banwell

Aviva UK Social Media Support