co-op funeral service overcharged?

Madamfluff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Mum died in May and my Dad used the co-op for the funeral, I went with my dad to sort out everything and we were told the cheapest was £2,200, which we accepted.

My Dad is a pensioner and had to get a grant of £1,200 from the authorities, he has no money so my sisters and myself paid the extra 1,000 which we paid up front, and My dad then paid the 1,200 when his grant came through, my dad has no way of repaying my Sisters and me and as it was for my Mum we have written off the money.

HOWEVER.

Yesterday my dad and one of my Sisters saw an expose on Co-op funeral service and it was mentioned that infact the cheapest funeral is £1,200 the same as the grant but employees were told not to offer it as the co-op didnt make any profit.

With this in mind I am wondering if the co-op have infact mis-sold the funeral and would we be within our rights to try and get the 1,000 extra back we paid.

The funeral itself was lovely but the cost only included one car and restricted times which we understand

from the programme was the same as the £1,200 one.

Mods please move this to another area if this is the wrong one

I am sorry to hear of your loss, its always pretty difficult to attempt to say something fitting when things like that happen.

If you are a member of the Co-op (which costs nothing to join) you can access their own legal services for information free, and you might find this could help sort things out faster and internally without having to let you deal with something that will still be massively emotionally charged for you.

In the past the Co-op had a extremely ethical approach to their funeral service, and even provided funerals entirely free when a child passed away. I always thought highly of them for this reason, and I would hate to think the circumstances you state applied across the entire company rather than being the actions of a manager with poor moral judgement.

http://www.co-operative.coop/legalservices/

0845 602 1416

Lines open 8am – 8pm Mon to Fri, 9am – 1pm Sat

you must of seen the programme on the TV the other night! brought home the criminal way businesses are run by many these days, the big boys get away with it. This time let us see if anything happens which does noit end up as self regulation (Rubbish).

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Madamfluff

I have just been charged £4,534.00 for my Dads simple funeral. When given the quote, I asked how much cheaper it would be with 1 car instead of 2? They told me it would make no difference at all.

Since the funeral, I have phoned other funeral directors to be told I have paid at least £1,000 over the odds. I am extremely angry that people are being ripped off by these so called sympathetic funeral directors.:mad2:

My thoughts are with you