Predatory Natwest customer services

Predator Victim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently, I became unemployed and fell into mortgage arrears with Natwest. I made a few

arrangements with them to pay off the arrears. The arrangements are renewed every six months. I phone them occasionally to inform them that one of my payments will be late.

However, there are two predators working in the mortgage credit management department (named A and B) who insist on wasting my phone credit to look deep into my mortgage history and to threaten me that I am breaking the agreement because I should be making payments at a specific time each month without any grace for being late.

After asking questions about who lives in the property, they advise me that they can help me to sell it if I want (meaning they would like to buy it off me). It is obvious to me that these two individuals are more interested in getting the property for themselves (I have more than two-thirds equity) then they were in dealing with the reason for my phone call. I only phoned up to ask them to put the information in my notes that my payment would be late.

Are there no laws against such things?

Another problem I have with them is that they insist I cannot make arrangements to pay off the mortgage arrears without making a second arrangement to pay off the arrears on my current account at the same time, knowing that saving my home is more important and it is difficult trying to pay the two.

How can I defend myself? What are my rights?

Edited by ims21
Names edited in case they are real

You should stay off the phone as advised. You need to keep a paper trail.

You might want to take note of the following :)

1. We understand that the FSA now demands that all of your calls in relation to any “Mortgage” arrears must be recorded, so we would like to request a recording as well as a transcript of all recent calls that have been made to any of our numbers, even if these only discuss the “security checks”.

2. Please place on record that it has been our family policy for some time now to only communicate in writing when dealing with our financial affairs from our home, as it is our right to do so under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

IMHO, you should write to the Bank's Head Office under the heading of an Official Complaint - set out all the problems you have been having, confirm as above that you will only be communicating in writing in future.

Your mortgage and any arrears are a priority debt - the arrears on any ovedraft is not. Are they making any attempt to use monies put into the account for payment of the mortgage, against the arrears on the overdraft ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D