Femstar Vs Abbey

Femstar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Partners,

I am starting the whole process today.

I am going to send the 'Data Protection Act request' to the Abbey today. I must say i am unsure as of how to go about claiming this. I am confused by the 'Abbey Alternative approach' suggested on the board.

Do i wait till the 15th day or do i wait till 40th day before sending the PRELIM letter?

Also is there anyone out there who might be starting the process to so we can 'Claim Buddies' i.e exchange information?

Please somebody help me

P.S. To whom do i address the cheque? The Abbey?

Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Femstar, welcome.

Start yourself a NEW THREAD on the Abbey forum, the good people on there will help you out!

May I also suggest you have a thorough read of the FAQs - it's a complicated subject to get your head round, I know, but the more you learn the easier it will become.

Reading some of the threads on the Abbey forum will give you some idea of what to expect too.

Good Luck. 8-)

Hi Partners,

I am starting the whole process today.

I am going to send the 'Data Protection Act request' to the Abbey today. I must say i am unsure as of how to go about claiming this. I am confused by the 'Abbey Alternative approach' suggested on the board.

Do i wait till the 15th day or do i wait till 40th day before sending the PRELIM letter?

Also is there anyone out there who might be starting the process to so we can 'Claim Buddies' i.e exchange information?

Please somebody help me

P.S. To whom do i address the cheque? The Abbey?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I have started by sending S.A.R to Abbey on the 18th of October. I havent heard so much as a peek from them.

Do i just wait till the 40day period or do i send LBA as some people are suggesting we do when we dont hear by the 14th day?

Thanks

Hi, and best of luck with your claim. in answer to your questions, you can't send the LBA till you've sent the Preliminary letter. They have 40days in which to provide you with your statements. If you are not sure, have a read through the FAQs which give you step by step instructions on what to do.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I just received my first reply from Abbey after sending SAR.

They acknowledged receipt of my letter and promised to send what they have on the system i.e. last 14months which should arrive within 5-7 working days.

Can any one advise me what the following paragraph means( are they refusing or what?) so i know whether to send the 'Microfiche letter' by Alanfromderby.

'Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of transactions between 2000 and 2005, under seperate cover'

They later go on about being unable to send 'manual interventions' because it is not computer drivend and it is not information they or the customer usually needs.

Any help is appreciated.

D'Femstar

Hi Guys,

I just received my first reply from Abbey after sending SAR.

They acknowledged receipt of my letter and promised to send what they have on the system i.e. last 14months which should arrive within 5-7 working days.

Can any one advise me what the following paragraph means( are they refusing or what?) so i know whether to send the 'Microfiche letter' by Alanfromderby.

'Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of transactions between 2000 and 2005, under seperate cover'

They later go on about being unable to send 'manual interventions' because it is not computer drivend and it is not information they or the customer usually needs.

Any help is appreciated.

D'Femstar

HI, don't think you need to send the microfiche letter they are saying they will send you the info. I'm just not sure how long it will take. but in any case, microfiche is relevant so it should still fall under the 40day rule.

Wait and see

Its all very usual and I wouldnt worry about it, but you can send them another letter reminding them of how much time they have left :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi Guys,

I have received my statements for the past 14months.

Now lets see if they provide the information on the microfiche within the 40day period.

Femstar

----------

(part 2)

Hi Guys,

I just received my first reply from Abbey after sending S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Any help is appreciated.

D'Femstar

----------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have received the all my statements from Abbey and have calculated all my charges.

When sending my PRELIM letter do i need to send the schedule of charges in spreadsheet format or a word document will do?

Do i send the template PRELIM letter or make it more personal?

Are the 14days working days, non working days or both?

Femstar

Hi All,

I have received the all my statements from Abbey and have calculated all my charges.

When sending my PRELIM letter do i need to send the schedule of charges in spreadsheet format or a word document will do?

Do i send the template PRELIM letter or make it more personal?

Are the 14days working days, non working days or both?

Femstar

Hi Femstar and welcome to the site. It is up to you, you are in charge of how you approach your claim. Do what you think is appropriate to your circumstances. Good luck and best wishes.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Guest ian cognito

The spreadsheet template on the site is very easy to use and will come in handy if you need to file a claim with court as it works out the interest for you, the template letters have been proven to work so you may be as well sticking with them.

Good luck.

Hi Everyone,

I am about to send off my PRELIM letter including my schedule of charges.

I am going on holiday on the 14th of December till the end of the 1st week in January. I am now unsure as to whether to post it now or hold off till the new year as i will be away and thus unable to keep the process going.

There is just enough time to get the LBA letter in the post but after that i cant do much till the new year.

Any advice please.

Femstar

Data Protection Manager

Abbey National Bank

201 Graftons Gate East

Milton Keynes

MK AN

This isn't the right address :rolleyes: or at least its the wrong addressee.

The Data protection manager deals with DPA not request for your money back. In truth i don't suppose who ignores your claim :D

Personally i would send requests to the registered office the address can be found don their website.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 3 weeks later...

All,

I issued Abbey an LBC just before i left for holiday on the 14th. I log into my online account only to see they have refunded about 240 out of 1575 on the 12th without telling me.

I think they have probably sent me a letter informing me that they will give me part of it which is unacceptable to me.

The problem is i cant reply to them till the 8th of Jan at the earliest. Is there a deadline to accept this deal?

What can i do? Do they usually refund into your account without telling you?

Femtar