xanthoulla - v - Abbey HELP!!!

xanthoulla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have two Bank accounts which have been paying off at set amounts each month. One of the bank accounts I missed one months payment last year and found Abbey had defaulted me for this, without notification, although they say they did. Trying to claim back charges of around £3K on one account and £2.5k on the other. On the defaulted account they refuse to acknowledge their error or refund any charges with the letters, so have now registered this via Moneyclaim. If I recuperate charges I will be pleased, but more interested in removing default.

Received phone call today from Equidebt asking how I am going to pay back what I owe Abbey (which is the remains of the charges applied). The Moneyclaim was registered in the courts on 25/09/06, and Abbey allegedly passed debt over to Equidebt on 3/10/06. Equidebt are getting back to their 'clients' as they dont seem too pleased about impending court action and debt being passed over.

Just wondered where I go from here? Abbey supposedly have until 15/10/06 with regard to the claim registered.

Have yet to register the second account.

Any ideas anybody?

Many thanks

Hi and welcome, well I would say to Equidebt that your debit is with abbey and that your court case is with them also and as you filed before they passed it all over then you need have no dealingswith them, infact they should pass it all very quickly back to abbey. Make sure Abbey havnt tried to put some sort of admin fee onto your account also, When you win, you should also have as [part of your settlement a clause stating that any adverse credit conditions that were accredited to you should be removed.

Hope this helps, if you have any further queries then post in the same thread and we can see your progress

Good luck, sounds like you know what you are doing

:-D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Many thanks, I will keep everything posted. I have since been pestered by phone calls from Equidebt each and every day! Despite them saying that they are passing back to Abbey, and that their systems have been noted accordingly! I will have to wait hopefully around 15th October to see if anything happens.

Thanks

Abbey have acknowledged the Moneyclaim, and have 28 days to file defence. Am worried if I have to go to court, Abbey seem determined that there will be no let up on what I allegedly owe, which is made up entirely of charges!

Also I forgot to include interest or didnt notice where to put interest on Moneyclaim, can I ask for this now?

Just seems that this will not get settled easily and I still have another account to sort out through Moneyclaim, just havent got the court fees yet.

Does anybody have any suggestions or reassurances?

Hi again, dont worry, they start off being like this and then eventually, they capitulate, when you filed on mcol did not a little box pop up asking if you wanted to claim s69 interest? perhaps Karne can asnwer this one as I am not sure, you may be ok but you may also have to file an amendement to your claim which costs £35.00 and is non recoverable.

If you are claiming for the two accounts seperately then wait for one to finish before you start the other one as the Abbey may want you to amalgamate the claims

Best of luck

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 weeks later...