Hastings sold car without telling me

Beaks999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. I'm writing this on behalf of my father in law. He was hit by a taxi whilst stationary at some traffic lights at the end of April. There is a really distinguished mark in the back in the shape of a grill at the front of black cabs.

They've been messing him around, no offer has been made formally but he managed to get them to informally mention £2100 during a phonecall but readilly admitted that they couldn't find a match in the Auto Trader and the car is worth at least £3000.

He's found his own car in a spares and repair yard in town without a word from Hastings. He duly phoned Hastings to ask what is going on as the spares yard have told him that they've been sold the car by Colport who were given authority by Hastings to sell it on. Seemingly my own car could be dismantled tomorrow for spares and there's nothing he can do about it.

Hastings called him a liar and told him that the car is still 130 miles away in Bristol. He went back to the spares yard to take pictures which he will send to them to prove that he's telling the truth.

You couldn't make this up!!!! Does anyone know the name of the CEO or anyone high-level within Hastings Insurance please??

Hi Beaks

Welcome to CAG

We have a Hastings Rep on this site who can look into the matter for you. They should pick your thread up.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?355258-Hastings-Direct.-Jamie-Wicks.Social-Media-Manager

Lets see if this can be resolved, if not we can provide further guidance.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Hi Beaks999, Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I am sorry to hear that your Father in law is having issues with our service. I would like to have a look into this for you and try to find out what has happened. If you could send me some details about the policy I will make sure that someone from our Customer Relations team fully investigates this and hopefully they can find a resolution. socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie Wicks

P.s. it's likely to copart who sold it if you google them they sell a lot very cheap from write off

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 6 months later...

Am interested to know what happened to your father-in-law as the same thing has happened to me. Hastings have sold our car with no agreement from us nor even an offer accepted. They now say there's nothing they can do.