Postal Order cashed but not sure where its gone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is the first time I'm using a forum and I need some help,please.

My uncle sent a Postal order to pay for a Ticket he got. But thecouncil are stating they have not received it. I have contacted the Post Officewho have told me that it has been cashed, but they cannot provide me with anyinformation about who has cashed it as it was filled out by hand instead ofelectronically.

The council are stating they need more proof before they willinvestigate. They want the bank account details of the account into which thePostal Oder was cashed. However the Post Office have stated that they cannotprovide this information. This is probably due to Data Protection Laws, but theCouncil are not willing to accept this.

My uncle cannot afford to pay the ticket amount again, which hasnow been increased as they did not receive the payment within 28 days.

I have been chasing the Council and the Post Office since May butto no avail and I do not know what to do next. I am considering contacting the Policeand reporting it as stolen, so they can investigate it. They may be able toobtain the account details. But I do not know if they will do this, as they maythink I am wasting Police time.

If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi welcome to CAG.

Do you have the counterfoil for the PO.

How was the PO filled out, did it have the

councils name on it and the ticket number?

Did your uncle get proof of posting.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

He has proof of posting via the receipt,which has all the necessary information on it (the amount it was made out for,the time, the date and the voucher ID number).

The Post Office has told me that the voucherID number should be enough for the Council to investigate this matter, as aPostal Order is similar to a cheque, which can be traced via the cheque number.

The Postal Order was filled out by hand, bythe Post Office worker, as my uncle is illiterate. However the error was thatthe ticket number wasn't included. I have taken this issue up with the Council,as they should not have cashed it, if they did not know who's account it shouldhave been applied to.

Thank you

The PO are correct should be easy for the council to trace,

make a formal complaint to the CEO of the council and get

the ticket reduced.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

The matter is now inthe hands of the London Collection and Compliance Centre, because the council didnot receive the original payment. They have stated the same thing as thecouncil. But have said that they have numerous offices and departments all overthe UK and hence cannot investigate where the payment has gone to.

I am not sure exactlywho I would need to contact to make an official complaint.