Sole Trader purchased online -please help

jet2610
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am new to this site as I am urgently seek advice on a purchase I have just made on preloved.

I am a sole trader who sells wedding dresses online. I have customers who buy in bulk from me so I source preloved/sample gowns to sell on to them.

I recently purchased 40 wedding dresses from a lady on the preloved site and asked that all the dresses were modern styles and she confirmed and advised most were designer (which you would assume to be more expensive looking).

When the dresses arrived, few are designer and they are all cheap looking and really awful. I contacted her straight away to request a return and she is refusing to take them back.

I paid with paypal and have submitted a claim but am concerned I won't get a refund as she is claiming to have sought legal advice who have stated I have been dishonest and never told her I was a business (sole trader) and that this is a case of buyers remorse.

Am I covered under the distance selling regulations as I am a sole trader or any consumer act please?

Any advice would be gratefully received please.

Thanks so much

jet2610

• 10 months later...
Hi All

I am new to this site as I am urgently seek advice on a purchase I have just made on preloved.

I am a sole trader who sells wedding dresses online. I have customers who buy in bulk from me so I source preloved/sample gowns to sell on to them.

I recently purchased 40 wedding dresses from a lady on the preloved site and asked that all the dresses were modern styles and she confirmed and advised most were designer (which you would assume to be more expensive looking).

When the dresses arrived, few are designer and they are all cheap looking and really awful. I contacted her straight away to request a return and she is refusing to take them back.

I paid with paypal and have submitted a claim but am concerned I won't get a refund as she is claiming to have sought legal advice who have stated I have been dishonest and never told her I was a business (sole trader) and that this is a case of buyers remorse.

Am I covered under the distance selling regulations as I am a sole trader or any consumer act please?

Any advice would be gratefully received please.

Thanks so much

jet2610

Are you still running wedding dress business. I am just starting my own online store of wedding outfits so need your guidance. Waiting for some good tips. Thanks in advance:)