Credit Corp and Stevensdrake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2005 I had an Australian credit card in Australia and then moved to the UK that same year. In 2010 the credit card company passed the account to Credit Corp and as I have been living in the UK since 2005, they used all their tricks to intimidate and harass me over the phone, calling at all hours, demanding I pay in full, asking me to access my superannuation etc and when I didn’t settle the account they then transferred it on to Stevensdrake - I was advised of this by an email from Credit Corp.

Stevensdrake then sent me a letter advising me that they act for Credit Corp and requesting a good faith payment. Since then, almost all communication with Stevensdrake has been email.

Uninformed and scared of legal proceedings I immediately made a good faith payment as they requested – and have continued to make monthly payments.

I haven’t ever received or signed a contract but I fear that the emails and my payments constitute a contract. In addition to the payments I have written in emails things such as ‘I am trying to secure funds to make an offer of payment’ and ‘I will make payment each month’. Acknowledgement by me of the alleged debt was under duress and was uninformed.

Reading other threads, I also havent received notices or any letters from Credit Corp - just the bullying phone calls and then an email.

In my emailing with Stevensdrake have i put myself in the position of a contract?

Any advice very much appreciated.

Hi, welcome to CAG having made payments it would

be more than difficult to deny the debt,the contract is

with the original credit card issuer.

How many payments have you made and are you still

making them?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

What was the length of time where you stopped making payments to the credit card company & then paid Stevensdrake?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi, welcome to
CAG
link31.gif
having made payments it would

be more than difficult to deny the debt,the contract is

with the original credit card issuer.

How many payments have you made and are you still

making them?

If it was a NSW debt that was more than six years from last payment, then even making a payment would not re start the sb clock. Once Statute barred In NSW it stays that way.

In that case it would be Statute Barred and they could not take any enforcement or obtain a CCJ. The payments you have made would be deemed as a gift from you to Stevensdrake.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank you for your fast replies! To your points:

• Victoria
  • First payment to Stevensdrake was April 2010
  • 20 payments made in total but have stopped making these
  • Last payment to the credit card was May 2007 and the first payment to stevensdrake was April 2010. So a period of almost 3 years between payments.

Further thoughts much appreciated.