Forgot to decalre minor accident at renewal

baloohaloo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi about 12 months ago I had "nudged" another car at a roundabout, there was no damage to either vehicle, the other party was clearly not [causing problems]- there has been no claim made. I did however have to inform our company insurance- it policy that even the most minor thing is declared!

I renewed my personal policy about 1 month later, and was asked about claims etc, to which I answered non, as I did not really think this warranted a mention.

I have now had to claim on my policy and am scared that my insurers find out about this and try to void my insurance or similar.

Has anyone got any advice what to do? Do I leave it or do I fess up before it gets any worse?

Many thanks

No issue in my view. You did declare the accident, when you made the claim and as far as you know nothing happened. If you have taken your Insurance elsewhere, then of course, ideally you should have declared making the accident claim report and then the Insurers would have taken this into account.

When the Insurers review the claim, if they were not the Insurers you reported the previous incident to, then of course this may be flagged up and they may ask you about it. If this likely to be the case, find out from your previous Insurers whether the third party did ever make any claim and then phone the current Insurers customers services to inform them of your oversight. You will have to pay the relevant extra premium backdated to inception.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No issue in my view. You did declare the accident, when you made the claim and as far as you know nothing happened. If you have taken your Insurance elsewhere, then of course, ideally you should have declared making the accident claim report and then the Insurers would have taken this into account.

When the Insurers review the claim, if they were not the Insurers you reported the previous incident to, then of course this may be flagged up and they may ask you about it. If this likely to be the case, find out from your previous Insurers whether the third party did ever make any claim and then phone the current Insurers customers services to inform them of your oversight. You will have to pay the relevant extra premium backdated to inception.

Sorry to clarify, the "accident" was on a fleet vehicle that is insured by the company.

I overlooked it when I came to renew my personal insurance later on, with a totally unrelated company.

I know that no claim arose from the "accident"- we are reviewing the fleet policy at the moment, this is what prompted my worry!

As far as I know a claim under a company fleet policy would not be reported to the CUE ( claims underwriting exchange) database used for personal Insurances.

Yes it is part of your driving experience, but your personal Insurers will not become aware of it, unless you tell them. When you tell them, they may want to charge you an extra premium. Up to you on this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread