Warning regarding insurance policies automatic renewals added

Old Cogger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Makes no difference they will auto renew it anyway, take money out your account wether authorised to do so and then tell you that you owe them processing fees when you still don't want their policy, as long as you can prove continuous insurance you are meant to be OK.

I never auto renew with the same company and despite having continuous insurance Swinton have still got £120 of my money stolen out my account for fees they haven't the right to charge, for a policy I specifically told them I didn't want.

Renewals are virtually never a good rate, as they know many are too lazy to shop around, and even applying to the same company as a new policy is normally cheaper, and carries a chance of cashback.

Every year I change insurance company.The new company needs you to send them proof of NCD,so I always send them this:

Dear Sir,

Re: Motor Insurance Policy XXXXXXX

I enclose proof of no claims discount for the above policy

I alos confirm that I do not wish for this policy to be automatically renewed at expiry on 1st February 2013. and that I do not authorise any future payment to be applied to my credit card in relation to the above policy.

Yours sincerely,

Has always worked bar one time with Quinn, who quickly backed down when confronted with the evidence. By doing it at the time of taking out the policy, you don't have to worry about remembering to do it 12 months later.