final demand before court action - Parking Charge Notice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I'm just looking for the current common consensus about dealing with parking charge notices from a 'well known' parking solutions company.

I have ignored the initial ticket - I wasn't driving but also, it's not legally enforceable and blah blah ad infinitum

I have ignored the 1st letter

I have ignored the second letter

I now have a letter from their enlisted 'debt recovery' people which threatens imminent court action.

the usual.

Am I still to ignore these attempts or should I do a quick letter- possibly the cease and desist or quote statute you intend to take me to court over etc. It's just that the advice has changed over the months and i am finding it hard to be clear on the current advice.

Many thanks guys!

Very small. But as you have never contacted them then they have zero chance of winning. This particular company has been known to send off court papers hoping to scare the driver/RK into paying up or to get a default judgement, but if you do get court papers then are are people on here who will draft a defence which will ensure you will be OK.Usually just by responding to their claim will ensure they will back down.

To clarify DBC - they are known to send off Court papers that have not been issued by the Court, but blanks they have filled in themselves.

In the (unlikely) event of receiving Court papers -

1. DON'T PANIC

2. Look for an official Court Stamp and case number. If absent - IGNORE

3. If (and now we are getting to the incredibly, infinitely small % likelyhood you asked) they have the stamp and case number, come back here for the format for successfully defending yourself - and getting costs off them. :)

Keep coming back here when needing reassurance !