Dispute with Council over land at rear of my property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a portion of land at the rear of my property that is owned by the local council. When I moved in ten years ago there was an annual rent of £250 on a lease. Soon after the lease expired and the council decided to no longer rent these offer these parcels of land for sale to the respective home owners. It should be said that this small portion of land is ‘dead’ land there is no access to it as the rear of the property is conservation land. they set a ridiculous anount of money to buy the land and at the time I along with my MP challenged the council and the council changed their mind. Now they are looking to charge a very large sum for annual rental which I have been challenging alongside the MP as profiteering as the land has no use - It has now got to the point where the council want to reposess the land - I received this last week…….

the Councils Legal Service has been instructed to obtain possession of the land at the rear of XXXX

Please provide me with written confirmation within 7 days of the date of this letter that you agree to give the Council posession of the land

Posession proseedings will be commenced If I do not receive confirmation in writing by XXXXXX

So what happens if I dont agree to give them posession? Can I legally withhold access to the property? What about the fence which they are bound to put up? Can they just do whatever they choose with that? It could be detrimental to the worth of the property.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

GIB