Eon absolute disgrace.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, this query is out of my comfort zone (I try to help in the bailiff forum)

The person who has contacted me has a shop, like most businesses they felt the recession and that led to overdue electricity bills. They phoned Eon way back in February and all they got was someone 'speaking over them' who clearly had no intention of listening or being of any help.(call was recorded)

At that time they asked for a repayment plan but got told to write in with their proposals, they did that but again never got a reply but from the date of that letter they have made substantial weekly payments of between £50-£100 a week to reduce the debt and I think they now owe about £1100.

Recently I heard about another shopkeeper in exactly the same position who attended the Court and before the matter was heard the application was withdrawn.....two days later he got a letter dated a week before the Court date to tell him a warrant had been granted and they were coming on xx date to disconnect?? I think that says a lot about the arrogance of these people.

The bottom line for the person here, is eon have applied for warrant to disconnect the shops supply (lots of fridges and freezers full of stock I am told) despite the payments being made. It is due to be heard on Friday and I have told them to attend that hearing and show the magistrates they are paying and of course a copy of the letter and if necessary let them listen to that awful person from the phone call.

Does anyone have further advice please????

WD

Sad to see Eon reps never even bothered themselves to reply to this post.

Update.............Eon had their warrant application refused. Payments will continue as at present and I understand this person will now be going after costs in the County Court. What a shame Eon had decided to be so arrogant as this could have all been sorted amicably, so I hope they do get landed with costs and the bad press to go with it.

WD