DCA chasing me for Barclay card that I have NEVER owed.

DizzyJan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In March 2010 I had a statement from Barclay card stating I owed them £940.52,

it had been forwarded from my old address.

I called them as I have never had a barclay card or a barclay account

I told them all this on the phone.

They said it would be passed on to their fraud department and they would write to me letting me know what happened.

This was the last I heard from them, until I got a letter from Lowell on March 2012 stating I owed Barclay card £940.52

saying

This notice is being given to you as required by the consumer credit act 1974 because you fell behind with your payments under agreement with original creditor.

Opening balance 01/10/2008... £940.52

I called them stating I had never had a barclay card or account,

I was unable to get credit because I went Bankrupt in 2007 at my old address I gave them my bankruptcy details.

Thats when I was told on the phone that the card was taken out in 2005 and was being used and balance was being paid up until 2007.

.I exlained I had lived at that address after my bankruptcy till March 2010 when I moved to new house,

where Barclays first contacted me.

Also that I had never had a single letter/statement or phone call from Barclays.

I got a letter saying they had noted my comments and they had done an internal trace procedure using various credit reference agencies,

and they believed that I am in fact the debtor.

They have sent me a copy of the original credit agreement., It is not my signature on the form I do not know what to do as I never had anything with Barclays,

What can I do. sorry for the long story but I thought it was easier to explain the whole thing

Hi,

I will edit the title for you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

OK that's done.

As for the Leeds Losers, please don't ring them again. They will say things on the phone that they would never dare put in a letter.

Lowells would have to prove you are in fact the debtor in question and as you have said you are not, they will have a hard job.

I do have a worry that they say the account was taken out in 2005 and payments were made up to 2007. It does sound like some sort of fraud but it is beyond me how they could do it at your address and you not know anything about it.

If you want to, you could write back to Lowell and tell them that the paperwork they have supplied carries a 'wrong' (forged??) signature.

Me, I would ignore them until they come up with absolute proof

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

also there was a printed sheet stapled to the cca giving my details when I took the card out. on it was work address, which was too basic to even get to my work with no post code and no employee no on it and the time that it says I lived at the address was wrong also by many years. Also my income was wrong, the date on the agree was also a sunday !!!

Can you post up the agreement they sent you but cover up your personal details.

You will need to save it as a pdf before you post it up.

Did you live alone?

Could anyone have access to your mail?

If you get a notification that a post has been unapproved, I removed the duplicate thread you posted

Hi there. Very strange problem you have here. I say that as it would seem that the card was used or a considerable time, and so there will also be a history of payments made on it. I would write a letter to the fraud department at Barclaycard giving them the details you have outlined and insist that they investigate it an ensure that the debt is recalled to them straight away to avert any continued harassment. Please keep us informed as to what happens and let us know if you need us to do any legwork for you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi DJ,

The doc'ts are a bit too small to read. However, that doesn't matter too much just now.

You just need to write to Lowells saying you have never had a BC a/c and the doc'ts they have sent clearly prove this was not an a/c opened and used by you. Tell them to refer the case back to BC's fraud dep't who you are also writing to about this.

Then write to BC's fraud dep't briefly setting out the various reasons why this is clearly not your a/c. Tell them they should not make any further demands regarding this, nor should they allow or instruct anyone else to pursue you for the a/c.

Tell them that, if they persist, they are in breach of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines and you will report the matter to the OFT and to the FOS.

Have you checked your CRA files to see if this is showing against you. If the a/c is logged as being yours, you should challenge this to get it removed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thats when I was told on the phone that the card was taken out in 2005 and was being used and balance was being paid up until 2007.

if you were made bankrupt in 2007 you should prove this to them. Any liabilities from prior to that date would have been written-off within the bankruptcy. It would be probably easier to argue this than trying to go down the whole CCA route.