118 Travel Refund for hotel or change of hotel?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm a newbie with a bit of a holiday problem. I have booked a holiday for this October through 118 travel. We have booked a hotel, flights and airport transfer with them. I saw the holiday advertised on teletext holidays, no hotel name. I called 118 and made the booking over the phone, the lady was very helpful told me all about the area and the hotel.

However heres the problem, I cannot find any good reviews for the hotel, in fact they are all pretty dire. Is there anything I can do at this point? I have Emailed the lady today explaining my reservations about the hotel and have asked if we can change the booking or get a refund. No reply yet, I just wondered if I have any rights at all?

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

Well have a skim read, it has loads of info on what to do if you have been on holiday and it was awful, but nothing about changing hotels before you travel.

Thanks for the reply though. :-)

What do the T&C's say about camcellation/changes to booking? most travel agents will allow changes to different accomodation but you will have to pay the difference if there is one and there may be a fee, how much do you lose if you cancel totally?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Thanks for replying, have done as you suggested and checked the T&C's ( FYI these were not stated on my booking, it simply said in teeny tint print please go to medhotels for Booking T&c's, I booked through 118 Travel so have no idea who is responsible for my booking)

It says if we wish to make a change to our booking it will cost £ 40.00 per booking, I assume that means a one off payment of £40 and not £40 per person travelling?

If we cancel the hotel 56 days or more prior to our depature we will have to pay £60 for each person travelling, so that would be £320, then we would have to find another hotel and book that.

I suppose the best option is hope they can offer a better hotel, pay the £40 and the difference?

I will give them until lunch time tommorrow to reply to my Email, I will then phone them.

I suppose what I would like to know is, the lady I booked with said it was a lovely hotel and all the usual blurb, if you look on trip advisor at " The Paschalia Hotel Protaras" It's easy to see from the reviews that it really isn't.... Where do I stand with that? I suppose she is just doing her job and I should have not felt cornered into booking it straight away. You live and learn!

Thanks for your help and replies.:-)

Unfortunately the reviews should be read before booking but we've all done the same and rushed into things.

You will find though that most reviews are bad as those who have a great experience hardly ever write reviews.

118 travel are part of a larger group and have a good credit score so it looks although they are a reputable company and trading quite well so you may be able to sort this out quite easily.

just had a quick look at some reviews and hotel website, there are some good and some bad (same as everywhere really) main problem seems to be that they cater for a lot of Eastern Bloc visitors, have you booked AI if not you may be ok as the hotel grounds/pool look ok and there are apparantly restaurants nearby.

Good Luck.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

• 3 months later...

I know how you feel. I booked over the telephone with a lovely girl. I had done my research and knew I only wanted one paticular hotel and only a sea view room- no substitutes and booked and paid on that basis. They tried to change my hotel a few days layer saying they had overbooked. I explained to no vail and resorted to calling the sales centre again under an assumed name and was accepted, under the same conditions. I then called the admin office back and told them- they then backtracked and booked me into the hotel I wanted and confirmed the sea view room I had booked for. This was still not a happy ending. We arrived at the hotel to be told that 118 deal with a local agent who had not paid the hotel for our stay and we would be charged on departure for our accommodation unless II sorted it out. I spent two days cajoling and in the end threatening 118 Travel by email to pay the hotel. I had to be very firm that I had paid them and therefore they should sort it out as they wanted ME to call the local, Turksih speaking, agent and sort it out. Not much relaxing for the start of our holiday. I forgot that they had absolutely promised a sea view room and spent the time on a balcony overlooking the back of a building. I would never be caught out like this again and feel so sorry for you. Be strong and, probably essential, get tough with them!!!