Ive got a job

spexs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last month i have been offered a job, as its Construction based i have had 5 training courses to cram in before i am legally capable to go to work. Ive been doing these over the last month, one 5 day course two 3 days and two one days.

Last week was my signing and on my evidence sheet 3 days in i put "ive got a job" my signer was not impressed i should be looking for a part time job at least and she will be checking on my evidence next time.

Thats not a problem as ive got two local firms willing to give me the odd hours if they come up. Shortly after signing and returning home my Monthly-ish personal advisor rang with a job code off the .Gov site. I repeated i have a job and someone has just spent over £2000 training me.

As i don't have a start date yet (looming is the word from my future boss) i should be applying. So i ask about the job, will it match my £30,000 offered? No! do i get a car?

No! is it in my trade? not quite! is it mainly outdoors as ive a health condition which has kept me outdoors all my working life? No! its on the phone in a office. So should i just ignore the money spent already on my training over the last few weeks, you have to apply for this job and i will be phoning them to check.

Well i didn't apply, instead i mailed my MP who seems to be on summer hols with the rest of them. My next signing is looming, my future boss phoned last night to tell me a car will be delivered next week, he will phone me on Monday to confirm my start date which will probably be the Monday after.

Simple question really, can i just put down my part time evidence followed by my reasons for not applying and "ive got a job" or is this likely to send them into meltdown?

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

Get your new boss to write a ''statement of intent'' on your

employment and the terms and conditions of it and the proposed

start date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As long as you are still seeking temporary work unti you start your job offer when required and you can show this on your diary by stating the activities like internet search, papers (the usual job search) then your payments should not be affected.

The job that you were given, was that matched to your Job Seekers Agreement? When is he closing date? you could apply for it but of course you will have you start date and are likely to have atarted before you would be contacted about any potential interviews or job offer for the vacancy given to you.

Thanks for the replys folks. Ive asked the question on a start date a few times, first delay was the Vat certificate was wrong for the contract i am going to be on, yesterday when i asked the Council involved where trying to delay but my future boss was adamant "the contract is signed and they cannot stop it going forwards". His last words where "as it stands i could well have the call to arms on Monday" The job posting i was sent is in the International Construction personel field but my job has never been in general Construction or connected to a job agency, i work in a niche part of the industry which may take off after 30yrs graft here and abroad if the Green Deal actually takes off. Having been a boss myself in the past i am/was reluctant to apply and waste their time, or even give my Signer the chance to put a tick in a box after her suggestion or attitude. Seeing as my CV doesn't mention Construction it is easy to think i wouldn't have been successfull but my life doesn't work like that. I shall be sending my boss a mail first thing to see what i can get off him before Monday.