Reasonable timescale to reply to a DCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If one sends a letter to a DCA querying that a debt is enforceable - no more, no less and asking for the letter to be passed on to the relevant department and the DCA takes exactly 362 days to reply (by second class post) also misquoting legal precedent with obvious intent to confuse/mislead...

...what woud be a reasonable length of time to wait before replying back to them with an appropriate response?

My assumption is 362 days by second class post. :razz:

Or would this be frowned upon by a court? :|

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Playing silly bu**ers will certainly not help your case!!!

Personally I'd say within 7 days is resonable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Fair enough. Thanks Brigadier. Already got the letter prepared anyway. Just have to wait until I can afford to post it! :(

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

why play letter tennis at all!!

if the debt was enforceable

then the OC would have taken legal action years ago

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just have to wait until I can afford to post it!

Look on the back of your threatogram, it will have an email address and email it but open up a separate email account first so your usual email does not get stuffed with vile useless threats.

You can set your email up now as a tracking facility including delivery reports to prove that the DCA have opened it, and then the email has to go to a various consultations and committees as no DCA employee can read!

And then, they will ignore completely and resend you more threats.

Stigman

Edited by Stigman
missed stuff as usual

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you