Parking ticket on private land

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyfriend and I parked today in his taxi using my blue badge, we returned after 30 mins to a parking ticket stating we have gone over the allocated amount of time allowed, we were only gone 30 mins. There is a sign saying disabled are not exempt from parking on yellow lines, which although was close to the car, i didn't see it before parking, they want £60 within 7 days or it goes up to £100, where do I stand please. thanks

You say private land, that means yellow lines, disabled bays and anything else you can think of have no standing in law. So you could have parked in the DB without a blue badge and they still couldn't touch you.

If that bits wrong and it wasn't private - sharp intake of breath :)

if its private land

and the ticket does not say

[EXActly only these three words}

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

IGNORE IT.

its a speculative invoice

designed to fleece you of money

as advised

there are no such things as yellow/pink/white/green/blue

lines or boxes

any road marking on private land are purely

GRAFFITI

and your BB means now either

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's another thread running where a similar issue arises.

A PCN can be issued for a contravention on the highway. Most of the highway is public land. And most private land is not highway. However it is not 100 percent, and the issue is not whether the land is private - it is whether or not it forms part of the highway. Yellow lines on private land which happens to be part of the highway are just as enforceable as those on public land which forms part of the highway. Some off-highway land is also subject to yellow line restrictions too, if there is an applicable traffic order.

To cardiffcity - not seeing the sign is not an adequate line of defence. If the sign was unclear in some way, that might be - or if the land was private, then it is worth looking further to see if the restriction does or does not apply there.