Santanter will only cancel CPA's if I go to branch with ID !

2ltr16valve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent Santander a secure message via my online banking saying

"I am contacting you today to have you action the cancellation of ALL continous payment authorities on my account. For the avoidance of doubt, Direct Debits are to remain unaffected"

I received this reply

Good Afternoon M* ******** To cancel a continuous card payment that you have agreed to, please telephone our Telephone Banking Team on 08459 724 724 Monday to Saturday 7am to 11pm and Sunday 8am to 10pm to arrange this.

I hope this information is useful and if you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via Secure Messaging or my colleagues on 0845 9724724.

Regards,

Santander Customer Services

I have spoken to them on the phone and been told no, has to be a written request. So I sent a reply stating that as already demanded I expect confirmation that all CPA's are now ceased.

I got this in reply,

Good afternoon M* ******* As explained in the previous email, if you wish to cancel a continuous card payment you must contact us on 0845 9724 724. We are not obliged by FSA regulation to carry out your instruction simply because you have asked us to via email.

When you log into your online banking you are verified to a certain level that will permit us to complete certain transactions for you when you make a request via our secure messaging service. If we cannot complete a transaction when requested via email, then we will instruct you how to complete your desired transaction, and in this case you have been advised to call us on 0845 9724 724.

If you do not wish to call us then you can visit a branch with photo ID and proof of account ownership, but please be aware that we will not submit a claim to stop a continuous card payment if you make the request via this channel.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further queries.

Regards P****,

Santander Customer Services.

What is the deal here ? I could go too branch, but taking extra ID ! What planet are these goons living on !! From what I have read about CPA's, once a bank has been told to cancel them in writing they must do that.

I have contacted them by a means of writing, afterall the year is 2012 ! and as you can see they outright refuse.

Thanks in advance for replies.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority

There are a lot of articles on CAG in respect of CPAs - so use the advanced search facility, top right hand corner of the screen.. You might want to have a read of the link above as well .

I think the call centre are probably just giving you the run around - they are obliged by the rules to stop these as soon as requested. If they do decide to make payments despite your instructions then they must refund your money and charges that you incur if they take you overdrawn.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority

There are a lot of articles on CAG in respect of CPAs - so use the advanced search facility, top right hand corner of the screen.. You might want to have a read of the link above as well .

I think the call centre are probably just giving you the run around - they are obliged by the rules to stop these as soon as requested. If they do decide to make payments despite your instructions then they must refund your money and charges that you incur if they take you overdrawn.

Hi CB

I did search and found the many posts you mention, but none on what too do when they refuse ? as such, I am regarding my email as a wrtitten request.

Thanks

I have asked others on the Site team for their input as well. however, IMHO, they are just being obstructive.

Email IS written communication ... !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you CB.

That is exactly my view as well, this is the 2nd or 3rd problem ive had with santander in the same period of months ! Time to find a new bank I think.

Santander are probably one of the worst when it comes to customer service !!

BCOBS

Having discussed this with other site team members, it would appear that you are going to have to go into the branch with ID and your letter of instruction.

:(

BCOBS