orange fraud department

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE READ, I DO APOLOGIES FOR ANY SPELLING MISTAKES AND GRAMMAR ERROR, (not my strong point lol)

have sent this to executive office of orange.

I am writing this complaint as I am discussed with the way I have been treaded by orange for the first time in 9 years that I have been with orange. I have 4 phones on my account and have upgraded a number of times in that 4 years and this is the first time I have EVER heard about this fraud in my name. (the above details are not the fraud account)

On Tuesday 29th May I called orange to upgrade my phone from the IPhone 4 to the IPhone 4s and Ipad bundle. I have been asking question regarding this package since January via email’s in April I sent another email to orange asking about the package as I had noticed that it was now available with the ipad 3. So one of my questions was do I need to pre order it due high demands regarding the ipad 3. I was advised no it should be fine to call on the 29th may and upgrade your phone. On and round the 1st may I checked online that my upgrade date was still the 29th may, on checking online I found that it had moved to the 13th July as I was work I thought this is odd, maybe it’s an error on the website. So on returning home I checked again to find that the information the website was the same, so I decided to use the live chat tab, I was talking with a lady called Kristy who advised me that the upgrade policy had changed to 45 days before the end of contract, instead of 3 month, I was not happy with as I didn’t know anything about this as I had not received any communication from orange regarding this change. Kristy was not having off it and advised me to call 150 and raise a complaint, which I did I spoke to a gentle who pasted me through to the upgrade team and I explained yet again what my issue was, he advised that orange had send a survey out to customer regarding the upgrade benefit and a lot of people came back complaining that they didn’t like the 3 months of the contract being added to the new contract. Which I think people are stupid cause I think it’s fine but that is me. Anyway the man that I was speaking advised me what he would do is on 29th put my contract down to 45 days remaining and upgrade my package and then once everything is sorted out then added the 45 days back on which I said that’s fine, he advised me that he would give me a call back on the 29th may, he asked me what time would be best and I said any. We said our goodbyes and end the call.

Now on the 29th may I was accepting a call back from orange to upgrade my phone. But as the day went on I’d not heard anything I thought I’d call up the upgrade team and speak to someone to find out what time I would be getting a back. The time was 13:31 when I made the call, when I got through I spoke with a lady and asked her if there was a call back on my account for today and what time would it be happen, the lady checked the system and advised that there was NO note’s so no call back book. Not happy, so I explained the above aforementioned. The lady was very helpful and agreed that I should get the upgrade, she then placed me on hold to that she could transfer me to another department who went through everything with me i.e. what package I wanted, we had a laugh as I had to advise her that orange where doing the ipad 3 now in the ipad and iPhone 4s bundle (connect 66) and where to find it on the system, Once she had found it she asked me colour I wanted and I went for white for a change, so on agreeing to all that she pasted me through to the sales team to a Mr Roche (ext. 0688) who again checked everything with me and advised me that you were OUT STOCK of the IPAD 3 and it would be either a week or month before you got them in again, but the deal I could have was the Ipad 2 and the iPhone 4s 32gb free of charge or ipad 3 32gb and iPhone 4s 32gb for a one off payment off £50.00, I advised Mr Roche (ext. 0688) that I will go for the ipad 2 and the iPhone 4s 32gb, Mr Roche then advised that it need to go to the credit team and that he would call me back within 30 minutes, I said that’s fine speak to you then. Call ended. This call lasted 24 minutes.

Within 10 minutes Mr Roche (ext. 0688) called me back (time of call was 14:05) and advised of the following,

Mr Roche – Russell, we can’t process the order as there is an outstanding balance,

Me (Mr Gray) - what?

Mr Roche – There is another account in your name that is outstanding that has not been paid

Me - No there can’t be, I don’t have another account,

Mr Roche – well there is and there nothing I can do to help you, you need to speak to customer service.

Me - I don’t want to speak to customer service I want you to help me

At this point I should apologise as I lost it and started shouting at Mr Roche, I was in shock in all my time orange and the times I have spoken with someone from orange I have never heard of this. I got Mr Roche’s details and his manager details as he refused to let me speak to his manager (Lyne) and refused to help me with this ( in his words) he’s in sales and does not have to deal with this and transferred me to the automated service where I had to input my mobile number and password. At this point I was very angry and upset. I got through and a gentleman called mike (ext. 2058, pod 37 Plymouth), at the beginning of the call I very angry and upset I was shouting and screaming at mike, trying to explained the aforementioned to him, mike to his credit stayed very calm and eventually calmed me down and we spoke and he placed me on hold to find out what was going on, before that he checked my postcode DE24 8RH and nothing showed up bar the account I have had for 9 years. Another postcode of S41 0PD this is where I moved to 30th March 2010 after separation from my partner. Nothing showed up there. When mike came back he’d got the account of this outstanding account. He gave me the following details

1 – Opened in December 2009

2 – via phones 4 u

3 – Set as cheque payment

4 – A direct debt was setup on 12th Jan 2010

5 – Direct debt was cancelled on the 26th Jan 2010

6 – Card payment was made on 31st Jan 2010

7- No further payments were made

8 – Account was closed march/April 2010 due to none payment

9 – Debt had been written off by orange as it had come back from debt recovery companies as not able to find person.

On hearing all this I was shocked upset and extremely ****ed off.

I explained to mike at the dates mentioned as a family we were going through a horrific time due the passing of my mother in law.

She passed away 23rd November 2009

Funeral was 9th December 2009

Ashes interred was 15th or 16th December 2009

My Partner and I separated on 16th Jan 2010

I was made redundant on 20th Jan 2010

From the 16th Jan I moved back to parents for a week’s then in mid-February I moved to my sister’s until the end of March where I moved to chesterfield as I working up there. In all this time I was still having some contact with partner due to me seeing my children, she was passing any post onto and in this time I didn’t receive any letter from orange or debt collectors.

I asked mike the following

Why is this first I have heard off it? When I was paying via dd card in February 10, March 10, I called up and changed my address at the being of April 2010, also changed my bank details. Then in the August/September 10 I called again and changed my address and I have also upgraded other phones on account in 2010, 2011, & 2012 and still not heard of this. Also at this time I had mobile broadband with free laptop on the same account.

Mike answered it is because I have asked for the iPhone and ipad bundle and you need another line for the ipad, so it has to go to credit team, also it would have been the same if I had the iPhone 4s on its own. (This call last 41 mins)

There were lots of question that I have asked but I can’t remember them all, as I am still in a state of shock regarding this.

Mike took all the details and advised me that he has passed them onto the fraud department and that someone will be in touch with me, mike called me back at 1623 and advised me that he had passed it through call last 4 mins. It is now Friday 1st June and I have not heard from anyone regarding this matter.

Which is not very good, having read some forums online this seems to be common fraud that has happened to a few people. Everyone on the forums feel the lack of communication from the fraud department and the fact a customer can’t contact them and we are not given a time length of how long it will take to sort out is disgraceful.

I would be very grateful if someone can contact me within next 2 hours or I will take this is Ofcom.

Just had this response from orange

Hello Russell

I am pleased to advise that we have received your correspondence and you will be contacted by a member of the Executive Office in due course.

Orange Executive Office

i am not very happy with this.

Really not happy now, As I have not heard from anyone at orange I decided to call orange and I got through to an Indian call centre the first gentleman’s English was very poor and could not understand a simple question of what country are you in? so I called back again and again I got Indian, tried for a third time and got through to someone called Barry in Plymouth who for some reason HUNG UP on me so I tried again I have now spoken to john who is getting a manager to call me back.

I can't believe that NO-ONE is helping me at orange they dont seem to care, but they are happy to take my money for my account that i have paid every month for 9 yrs.

Thought there might have been some advice from someone on here "how wrong was i"