Overdraft Protection - Barclays

TheDude1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Another Grandma reclaim!

Just received SAR reply...

Barclays have given my grandma statements starting from Jan 1998 !!!

There is Overdraft Protection on the first few statements:

O/D PROTECTION

150 @ £0.80 /100 -- £1.20

However it's only appearing on:

Statement 1 - 02 Feb 98

Statement 2 - 02 March 98

Statement 3 - 01 Apr 98

Statement 4 - 01 May 98

Statement 5 - 01 Jun 98

Statement 6 - 01 Jul 98

Statement 7 - 03 Aug 98

Statement 8 - 01 Sep 98

Nothing then from Statement 8 to 2012.

Because barclays have only produced evidence for 8 statements, does that mean we cannot prove overdraft protection was added to the account before 02 Feb 98 ?

Therefore my grandma does not have claim?

I know she can claim back what is evident, but I don't see much point in claiming back £9.60 + interest.

Any help please

Thanks

there was a recent barclay thread where they have themselves calculated it back to start date.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there was a recent barclay thread where they have themselves calculated it back to start date.

dx

Hi

I've tried looking but cannot find any info.

Will keep looking, thanks

Hi Dude,

If the a/c remained open beyond 1998, write back to Barclays to complain that the SAR response is incomplete.

See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Dude,

If the a/c remained open beyond 1998, write back to Barclays to complain that the SAR response is incomplete.

See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

:wink:

Thanks for that slick :-)

Yes, I will get the letter off tomorrow... see what they say.

The account is definately older than 1998, in the SAR documents, I noticed "Time at current address: Since 1991" or something like that... But I know grandma has been at the address since the 1950s !!!

It is possible the account was opened in 1991, but I doubt my gran will remember exactly when.

Sorry, I meant did the a/c remain open AFTER 1998.

:roll:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

I'm just wondering whether or not to pursue this! I have not sent the non-compliance SAR letter yet.

What do you suggest?

If one receives data from Jan 1998, do you think it is safe to say that it is indeed the oldest statement they have?

Has anyone gone back further than this?

They should be able to supply you with at least the last 6 years data. In fact, they're obliged to.

Anything that you receive that is older than 6 years should be seen as a bonus these days.

I suggest that you focus on the data that you already have and forget trying to obtain any older data.

:-)

They should be able to supply you with at least the last 6 years data. In fact, they're obliged to.

Anything that you receive that is older than 6 years should be seen as a bonus these days.

I suggest that you focus on the data that you already have and forget trying to obtain any older data.

Hi slick!

I appreciate the honest answer :-)

Yes I was quite surprised my gran received data from 1998, that is almost 15 years ago !!!

I guess all that my gran can claim on this one is £9.60 + interest in restitution :oops: ???

Many thanks

You can't expect to get back Restitutionary Interest on PPI or these O/D Protection fees.

Given the amounts involved, I would suggest you forget it. :sad:

You can't expect to get back Restitutionary Interest on PPI or these O/D Protection fees.

Given the amounts involved, I would suggest you forget it. :sad:

Hi slick, thanks for the post!

Will drop it then!

Cheers :-)