Scottish Power incorrect default???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently acquired a credit report to check that everything was in order and to my complete shock found that Scottish Power had recorded defaults.

I contacted them via telephone and email and they refuse to budge, but I do not intend to let it lie at that.

I moved house last year and prior to moving contacted SP and gave my new address details, I also set up a DD at the same time to continue paying an outstanding debt. (There was a pre-payment meter at the previous address)

Payments were made to SP and yet they defaulted my credit file unbeknown to me and continued to apply a default monthly up until March of this year. I changed bank late last year and made an interim payment whilst sorting that out and when the new account was sorted an increased DD was started and has not been missed since.

I feel that incorrect data has been given to the credit reference agencies and would like the defaults removed.

How do I stand on this?

I'm not happy with the way SP have dealt with this complaint.

Did you inform SP in writting of

the change of address??//

There is only one default all you

are seeing is an update on the

account.

Place a notice of dispute on the CRA

files.

A formal complaint to the Data Controller

with copies of your written notification of the

house move.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I didn't inform them of the move in writing at the time, only by telephone, but they have acknowledged this in emails since.

Would the address for the data controller be the registered company address in Glasgow?

Thanks Brigadier2jcs

Yes the HO address for this and send the complaint

recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 year later...

Over a year has passed on this without me updating.

I wrote to the data controller and the reply was that they are right and I am wrong.

They can add a default to a credit file even though there was no break in payments between addresses and payments were kept up to date at my new address.

Following this decision Scottish Power reviewed my monthly DD plan and increased the amount to be paid from £120 to £260 pcm.

I thought it best to move on to another provider (with whom I have been very pleased - EDF) and my payments came down to £90 pcm and I'm actually in credit with them and due a rebate.

Just goes to show it pays to shop around.

Scottish Power are still owed a small amount from the change over and whilst I was very angry at the way SP dealt with the whole affair I did not pay them off.

Today I have had a couple of emails and a voicemail from LCS regarding my SP account and requesting I give them a call.

Should I still ignore it or email them with the story and to dispute any amount owed?

Personally I would ignore e-mails and voice mails, wait for LCS to put the matter in writing.

Do you know how much they are claiming?

Personally I would ignore e-mails and voice mails, wait for LCS to put the matter in writing.

Do you know how much they are claiming?

Not the exact amount, the outstanding bill was around £150 I think.

Not the exact amount, the outstanding bill was around £150 I think.

Definitely wait until a proper notification is received you cannot respond on unknown amount.

Definitely wait until a proper notification is received you cannot respond on unknown amount.

OK Brigadier will wait.

It could be another year before I hear again judging by recent experiences.

OK Brigadier will wait.

It could be another year before I hear again judging by recent experiences.

These utility providers and the DCAs they use to be infused with an incredible level of

incompetence and/or downright stupidity!!